• Julius Brenzaida
    replied
    In case this game radically speeds up
    I warn you, I am on vacation this week. I'll be back by tuesday the 14th
    Good luck to whoever it is the turn to play

Leave a comment:

• Carolus Rex
    replied
    Fine with me! A couple of more days, say until the end of this week?

Maybe we'll end up taking turns? A two player succession game...

Carolus

Leave a comment:

• Scouse Gits
    replied
    Sorry Carolus - yep I have it - if Marko does not reply soonest I suggest we bypass him and send to Hueij ...

Leave a comment:

• Carolus Rex
    replied
    I know it's summer and time for vacations and everything, but did you guys get the save?

Carolus

Leave a comment:

• Carolus Rex
    replied
    Game sent to SG[1] and our Finnish friend!

The battleship is kind of unorthodox in OCC I suppose and I thought twice about it... But I was foreseeing hordes of French destroyers coming in, picking off unit by unit and then the freights so I figured I'd put something robust in there!

When I started my turn there were Roman freights all over the map (well, almost!) and I used them for trade, but the pay-off was low. When is it better to keep them at home to build space ship parts and when should I send them to foreign cities? Not difficult to figure out, but I was too lazy to think about it so I traded with the ones already out there and then stored the ones I built myself.

Probably made a mistake with the tax rate after I built the research lab. The number of turns/discovery moved randomly (after the AIs discovered techs?) from 3 to 2 and back to 3 again with taxes set to 0%. To avoid the "almost full science box but no discovery"-nuisance I decided to go for 3 turns/discovery. Could probably have managed 2 turns, but maybe the extra freights built chop off turns when building the space ship?

Good luck to the next man!

Edited: Typos...

Carolus
    Last edited by Carolus Rex; July 14, 2001, 11:46.

Leave a comment:

• Carolus Rex
    replied
    I have played my turns, will send the save to our man in Suomi. I made a couple of mistakes and doubtful moves. Anyway, here's the log!

1861 Freight built. The French demanded 1000 gold… War! Spice to Avignon (144 gold). Legion relocated to the fort in the east
    1862 Freight built, start on mass transit
    1863 Computers, nuclear fission next. Switched to research lab and rushed it (208 gold)
    1864 Research lab completed. Alpine troop next
    1865 Alpine ready, stacked it with the legion in the mountain fortress
    1866 Nuclear fission, nuclear power next. Freight built. Gold to Chicago (Argh, not in demand anymore! 289 gold)
    1867 Freight built
    1868 French destroyer attacks and kills the alpine (which I had moved back into the city) and the none chariot
    1869 Nuclear power, flight next
    1870 French destroyer killed by an unfortified, new alpine who becomes a vet. I bought a battleship (480 gold)!!!
    1871 Flight, laser next. Battleship fortified in Rome
    1872 3 turn discoveries with taxes at 40% (budget surplus equalling 115 - 35 = 80 gold/turn), freight built
    1873 French ironclad killed by battleship. Freight built
    1874 Laser, radio next
    1875 Freight built, cloth to Washington (130 gold)
    1877 Radio
    1880 Advanced flight, rocketry next

Carolus

Leave a comment:

• Carolus Rex
    replied
    Wow!

You still alive, Sten?

I've ICQed you, I've e-mailed Donie and asked for you... Heck I've even signed your daughter's guest book!

Good to see you're alive and kickin'! You got old Bird and I worried, son!

Carolus

Leave a comment:

• Smash
    replied
    Holy sheepdip! this is still running?

ah yes,I see it is getting close to combat time.This could be an interesting finish.

Leave a comment:

• Sten Sture
    replied
    too tired??? But the summer sun is still in the sky!

Skål!

Leave a comment:

• Carolus Rex
    replied
    Got it!

Too tired to play tonight, though.

Carolus

Leave a comment:

• Scouse Gits
    replied
    After a slight delay - game played and attached for Carolus ...

We get Computers momentarily - have built an Engineer, Offshore Platform & Superhighways as well as several Freights - Research at 4 turns, Exchequer healthy
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Scouse Gits
    replied
    I now have the game - will get to it tonight ... (I hope)

Leave a comment:

• Daddy-O
    replied
    Originally posted by skrobism
    I got the save on Sunday, well I check Sunday. I will try to play tonight, but if I have passed the time limit go ahead and play on. Don't let me hold this game up.
    I am sorry that it seems that I killed this game, but I thought that I gave permission to play on. I was out of work for the past 2 months, and even though that sounds like the perfect time to play even more civ, I found myself too busy to justify playing. I am working again and will make time to start playing Civ2 and hopefully the successions again.

It looks like SG is waiting for my save. I will send it now. I have not played a turn. So, the Gits continue where I was supposed to start.

Leave a comment:

• Scouse Gits
    replied
    Carolus - as far as I know skrobism has the con and will pass to me ...

Leave a comment:

• Carolus Rex
    replied
    What's happening with the game? Who's turn is it?

Carolus

Leave a comment:

Working...
X