No announcement yet.

OCC Bloodlust Succession Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone has it, I still need the 400ad save passed to me or posted in this thread.

Thanks,

------------------
    "Bonjour, you cheese-eatin' surrender-monkeys."
    Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

I just got they resend of the 400ad save but the zip is inline text again.
      I don't understand. I never had problems with zip files before. In fact I got 2 other zips since the last time that EST emailed his second attempt and they worked fine. For some reason the emails that EST have sent put the zipped file in the email as text. Very odd.

SG, did you get a copy to post? If so, could you post it pass it to me? Thanks.

------------------
      Grounds Keeper Willie, Greeting his substitute French class
      Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

I understand that EST has an outgoing mail problem - I have not got a copy myself -- mayhap EST you could give it a go at sending to me - I might just be able to extract the zip from in-line code in the worst instance...

------------------
        Scouse Git[1] -- git1@scousers.net

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
        "The Great Library must be built!"
        "A short cut has to be challenging,
        were it not so it would be 'the way'."
        - Paul Craven
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I just got it and the zip looks ok. I don't dare open the game at work.
          SG, I passed the file to you as well.

------------------

Comment

Sorry about that, guys. I initially sent the file from work and seemingly the firewall stopped it going in any other form than line text. So I sent it from a different computer.

I really will have to get my modem sorted out at home.

Did I mention that the Americans have discovered Mapmaking?

Comment

Post #1 updated with ad400 save - skrobism to bat then I believe 'tis I once more ...

------------------

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
              - Paul Craven

Comment

Great job EST and wonderful story.
                For the defense of Rome the settler was enough against the barbarians and I thought of using the diplomatic airlift. If one of your units is too close from the city of a civ you’re at peace with, you must after a few turns choose between war and withdrawing to the unit to the nearest city. If you choose the latter, your unit is instantanetely brough there. It could have been done with New York. But you played very well and I definitely don’t fear the Japanese. If by any chance they threaten us, we can always please them with some gift.
                Edit : I wanted to make this comment one week ago, but couldn’t post.
                Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

It's not much of a story but here is the history:
                  1-400ad
                  2-420ad
                  3-440ad
                  4-460ad while trying to get out of their way we lost a legion to the barbs outside of Washington
                  5-480ad
                  6-500ad horseback riding -> Map Making
                  7-520ad
                  8-540ad
                  9-560ad
                  10-580ad our chariot discovered a friendly horseman; Rome is the 4th happiest civ according to Herodotus
                  11-600ad The Roman Polar Explorer/Legion unleashed barbs
                  12-620ad Silk Caravan to New York 174 gold
                  13-640ad The barbs were so terrified of our polar troops that they vanished across the tundra. (I never saw them.)
                  14-660ad
                  15-680ad Map Making -> University; Salt to New York 174 gold
                  16-700ad
                  17-720ad
                  18-740ad
                  19-760ad
                  20-780ad Our horseman stumbled upon Paris. The French greet us by demanding 550 gold or face war. C'est pas bien gentil tout ca ! I refused to pay.
                  21-800ad
                  22-820ad We trade Philosophy for Sea Faring with the Americans
                  23-840ad
                  24-860ad
                  25-880ad Copper to New York for 360 gold; Our polar exploration legion has made it around the world; Exchanged Maps with the Americans, they were not interested in anything else. We can probably start Cop's anytime. I was waiting to build up more caravans.

I will pass the save momentarily...

------------------

Comment

The save is passed to Hueij and SG1.

I just noticed that I was to only play 20 turns. I beg your forgiveness.

------------------

Comment

Trouble in Paradise, 880-1280.

880: Changed Tax to 0% and Science to 80%, discoveries from 12 to 8 turns!

1 - 900 iscovered Chemistry, disbanded 3 supported Archers to get production to 10 shields. Gave University to Americans, dumped all to French: cease fire, shared maps.

2 - 920: Cop's Obs, gave Chemistry to Americans.

3 - 940: Americans loose Boston to Japs. Hut 25 gold. Dumped all techs on Japanese, shared maps. Gave Horseback Riding to Americans.

4 - 960: Bank (WLTCD, no Sewer, no Harbor , Luxuries to 10 %). 25 gold from Americans.

5 - 980: End WLTCD.

6 - 1000: Theory of Gravity (next is Wheel for Engineering and Sanitation).

7 - 1020: Japanese start Sun Tzu (They'll be trouble, mark my words ).

8 - 1040: No news is good news, except that I depleted our coffers

9 - 1060: Well, what can I say...

10 - 1080: 25 gold from Americans, refuse to give Gravity to the French (we need that wonder!): war!

11 - 1100: Hut: Elephant, Barb leader 150 gold.

12 - 1120: Wheel, next is Engineering. Built University. 50 gold from Americans.

13 - 1140: Who said that every turn in Civ is exciting?

14 - 1160: Most powerfull: 1 Japanese, 2 French, 4 Americans, 5 Romans. Looks like there are only 4 other civs . Food Caravan.

15 - 1180: Americans discover Iron Working.

16 - 1200: Japanese break cease fire, chariot killed . Discovered Engineering, on to Sanitation. Food Caravan.

17 - 1220: French start Adam Smith so they have Economy (good to know, maybe we can trade for it when we need it).

18 - 1240: Coal to Washington: 206 gold. Food Caravan.

19 - 1260: Another exciting year during Hueij's reign...

20 - 1280: French attack Food Caravan in fortress. The brave little camel survived!! Discovered Sanitation, going for Invention. Food Caravan.

------

My strategy would be to build Shakes ASAP, then a Sewer, celebrate and build a Harbor the turn after celebration. This would take some cash tho, and I'm afraid I haven't left much of that
                      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                      And notifying the next of kin
                      Once again...

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by skrobism on 03-22-2001 12:02 PM
                        SG,
                        You should really work on that reading thing. Reading is SO important.

I knew my chance would come ELOL
                        quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Git[1] on 04-06-2001 06:49 PM
                        Post #1 updated with ad400 save - skrobism to bat then I believe 'tis I once more ...

If you look a couple of posts up you will see that as we cut EST and yourself back in at the end of the first round you should have passed to me in order to start the second round off -- however, full marks to Hueij for opportunism - if you (Hueij) now pass to me we can get the second round off with a slight reordering ...

Comment

Post#1 now updated with AD 880 save -- awaiting 1280 from Hueij ...

------------------

- Paul Craven

Comment

We have some long term problems in this one.

The A1 are decidedly hostile and share our continent. With only four civs we can't cut back beaker count with the give away tactic and tech trading opportunities look to be limited. We are short on shields, two of our specials being fish.

But we have mighty camels

Comment

We will overcome, for it is written...

Carolus

Comment

SG,
                                re: reading et al.
                                I guess I have egg on my face. First I took 25 mediocre turns, then I goofed up the order. I don't deserve to be part of the civ that is Apolyton.

Oh mighty Ming put me out of my misery, for I am truely the Village Idiot.

------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X