No announcement yet.

OCC Bloodlust Succession Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey shouldn't I pass the save to Malignantx? I'll wait a little while before passing the save. If I don't here back I will send the game to
    Malignantx, not Heuij.

Let me know.

------------------
    "Bonjour, you cheese-eatin' surrender-monkeys."
    Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Sorry skrobism - one of these days I shall learn to read - Malignantx it is...

------------------
      Scouse Git[1]

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
      "The Great Library must be built!"
      "A short cut has to be challenging,
      were it not so it would be 'the way'."
      - Paul Craven
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

K guys im on it.
        Angel left wing right wing broken wing

Comment

SG,
          You should really work on that reading thing. Reading is SO important.

Save sent to Malignantx.

------------------
          "Bonjour, you cheese-eatin' surrender-monkeys."
          Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

"Crush, crush, crush!!!" [Carolus Rex at ringside holding up a newspaper to protect his Armani suit from blood stains]

Wait a minute?! The bloodlust part is later, right?

Never mind...

Carolus

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Carolus Rex on 03-23-2001 02:28 AM
              "Crush, crush, crush!!!" [Carolus Rex at ringside holding up a newspaper to protect his Armani suit from blood stains]

Wait a minute?! The bloodlust part is later, right?

Never mind...

Carolus

LOL, can't wait to get there! Well actually, I couldn't wait.. I started playing 'ultimate OCC bloodlust challenge: large world with large land masses! I managed to build my ship in 1870 (15-1-1-1-1-1) and launched it 1916 with 36 years of flight time (IIRC). I'm now closing to 1930, have over 60 cities and only pathetic remains of other civs are left. I actually launched way too late my space ship, because it doesn't take more than max 10 turns to finish all the resistance. Then I'll switch back to demo (from fundy), start WLTxD's to max the score.

My capital has produced nothing else than vet stealth fighters since I started 'bloodlust' part. Using them and paratroopers I have hopped from island to another conquering. I also have a massive army of howitsers & spies which I move with transports from continent to continent. I've built some airports to help repairing my fighters & (rush)buying new ones as well as airliftings units. I keep incrementally rushbuying new units all the time, first building barracks of course. Then I need engineers to clear pollution and building roads/railroads. I really love this conquest part, it's so fun!!! I can't wait to start my final offensive!

Comment

Sorry guys i cannot find my civII cd anywhere at all.. ive looked everywhere and i know i had it becuase i bought it long ago.. sorry and i have sent the game to Hueij so have fun.
                Angel left wing right wing broken wing

Comment

Is it getting tedious yet?
                  The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Ha, nothing like a shot of Civ on a dull Saturday morning...

975: Warrior.
                    950: Sioux destroyed by Japanese, French start Pyramids, our chariot goes out exploring.
                    925: Warrior.
                    900: Hut-Construction.
                    875: Library.
                    825: Americans start Pyramids.
                    725: Literacy.
                    700: French build Pyramids, Americans change to Hanging Gardens. Hut-Legion (supported).
                    625: Market Place, French discover Mysticism, peace with French for Writing and Literacy.
                    600: French start Marco Polo.
                    575: Japanese start Lighthouse.
                    550: Temple, disband warrior. Livius tells us we are the 5th most powerfull civ , the Fench are second...

----------------
                    Save sent to Julius and SG[1]
                    Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                    And notifying the next of kin
                    Once again...

Comment

Nothing to tell in the 1st years of my reign. We discover mathematics in 400bc. Now size 5. Our chariot continues to explore. 300 BC : we discover a none Chariot in a hut. 275 BC we discover mysticism from a hut. 125 BC we discover Astronomy from a hut. We meet the americans. Peace established. They don’t want to exchange techs ! A caravan starts going in their directions. Another one is BTW already moving eastward. 25 BC we’re revolted smoothly into a republic. Thanks Oedo ! We start celebrating. 50 gold from hut. 1 AD, we give republic to the French and the Americans. Trade for mapmaking with the latter. 40 AD now size 7. We stop the celebration. 3rd caravan build. We find french settler irrigating ! Consul Julius can’t refrain from playing 2 more turns to make the 1st trade connection. 80 AD philosophy from a hut. 100 AD Banking discovered. Trade route with Marseilles (70 gold, +4 trade). Time to pass the power to another brillant consul !
                      Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

Game sent to with copy to Paul. I’ve been quite lucky with the huts ! With the French and Americans to trade with, it should go better. Colosseum, aqueduc, size 12 and then Copernic. At least, I hope so !
                        Edit : my log is at the end of page 1.

------------------
                        Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe
                        [This message has been edited by Julius Brenzaida (edited March 26, 2001).]

Comment

Back from skiing and keen to join in when my turn comes round.

The French and the Americans as neighbours! Let the (Alpine Horde) Wars begin.

Oh, well, after Paul has seen to that little matter of getting our bird in the air first, I suppose.

Comment

As both EST & skrobism were unable to play their turns I suggest that before we start the second round we let them catch up -- consequently will send the save to EST as soon as I get home and suggest that EST passes to skrobism who passes back to me.

Malignantx - do I understand that you are scratching - I shall work on that assumption unless you let me know to the contrary

I seem to be short of recent save games - if you have any please forward (ideally to my work address if you know it) git1@scousers.net is fine, but being at home I can't upload to the server so have to forward to myself...

------------------
                            Scouse Git[1]

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
                            "The Great Library must be built!"
                            "A short cut has to be challenging,
                            were it not so it would be 'the way'."
                            - Paul Craven
                            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I have finished my own OCC bloodlust game. I had the following setting:

Deity, raging horder, 7 civs, large random map, large land masses, wet and warm climate and every other setting at the middle. My city site had 7 river tiles and two hidden specials (wine, coal) which I discovered by chance when transforming rivered grassland tiles to mines. I had big difficulties finding the AI opponents. I was located in the biggest continent in it's western part whereas Vikings & Celts were in the Eastern end of it.

I made 15-1-1-1-1-1 space ship at 1870. It had 79% of success and flight time of 36 years. I launched it 1916 (way too late, I sort-of forget to launch it earlier ) I conquered my second last city at 1927 and after that I had nothing else to do than maximise my score.. and yes Smash, I got bored doing that!

When I landed 1952, I had 92 cities (91 conquered + my capital, the only one I ever built). The only enemy city was a Persian one, surrounded by spies. Pathetically, he kept building spaceship parts with his only city.

Btw, it isn't possible to conquer the last city & land at the same year, because the landing occurs immediately at the start of the year. So the winning condition of 'OCC bloodlust challenge' must be: 'land on AC when only one enemy city / settler is left'.

My score was 3846 = 499% and this is my power graph . Thanks SG[1] for helping me put these to the web!

edit: changed images to urls to speed up page loading for those with slower modems..
                              [This message has been edited by Marko Polo (edited March 29, 2001).]

Comment

I'm not in this game and I don't organise it, so you shouldn't cc your saves to me, but send them to SG[1]. SG[1], I've got saves from Hueij and Julius. I'll forward them to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X