OCC Bloodlust Succession Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCC Bloodlust Succession Game

Marko_Polo proposes in this thread a variant of the OCC Bloodlust challenge that is suitable for a Succession Game and I have been volunteered to set it up.

Rules and Objectives
    as the thread above

Civ version v2.42

Dramatis Personae
    -- Round 1 --
    [list=1][*]SG[1] -- git1@scousers.net[*]Carolus Rex -- definitely_rex@hotmail.com[*]Marko Polo -- marko.raunio@luukku.com[*]Hueij -- j.stavenuiter@chello.nl[*]Julius Brenzaida -- julius.brenzaida@infomaniak.ch[*]East Street Trader -- youdell@aol.com[*]skrobism -- theidiots@yahoo.com[/list=a] -- Round 2 --[list=1][*]Hueij -- j.stavenuiter@chello.nl[*]SG[1] -- git1@scousers.net[*]Carolus Rex -- definitely_rex@hotmail.com[*]Marko Polo -- marko.raunio@luukku.com[*]East Street Trader -- youdell@aol.com[*]skrobism -- theidiots@yahoo.com[*]Julius Brenzaida -- julius.brenzaida@infomaniak.ch[/list=a]-- Round 3 -- maximum 10 turns ...[list=1][*]SG[1] -- git1@scousers.net[*]Carolus Rex -- definitely_rex@hotmail.com[*]Marko Polo -- marko.raunio@luukku.com[*]Hueij -- j.stavenuiter@chello.nl[*]Julius Brenzaida -- julius.brenzaida@infomaniak.ch[*]East Street Trader -- youdell@aol.com[*]skrobism -- theidiots@yahoo.com[/list=a]

Number of turns per player
    Let's aim for a happy medium - as many as you can manage in 72 hours, but not to exceed x where initially x = 20. As the game progresses x will reduce - probably to about 5 in the latter stages.

Save Games

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
    "The Great Library must be built!"
    "A short cut has to be challenging,
    were it not so it would be 'the way'."
    - Paul Craven
    [This message has been edited by the Scouse Gits many times - the most recent being ...]
    [This message has been edited by Scouse Gits (edited May 11, 2001).]
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Ok!

Max 20 turns/player early in the game sounds fine to me. Do I read your post right if I assume we at some point voluntarily restrict the number of turns to some lower number?

BTW, something just struck me! I've had problems downloading files from hotmail for some time now (uploading and sending files is ok, though).

Is it too much trouble to send me the file via ICQ? We either have to be on-line at the same time, or, you can send me the "transfer file"-request and have ICQ running until I come on-line and accept it. I can go on-line any time of the day if necessary.

If this is too much trouble I can send you my real e-mail, although I suffer from net paranoia and prefer to be anonymous.

Carolus

Comment

Oh, I see you just edited in the saved games. I take it you have played your turns... No need for icq then, is there? I just download the 3050 BC save, play my turns and send it to the next guy, right?

Carolus

Comment

We're off - I had a start that I had been saving for that ever farther away day when I could sit down and play out an OCC game completely - so I have used it - four specials, Whale, Wine and 2 Fish - 3 techs BW, CB & WC -- found two huts both contained Scrolls - CoL & Monarchy (I think I would have preferred an odd NON unit instead. Revolted in 3250. Will send to Carolus directly ...

------------------
        Scouse Git[1]

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
        - Paul Craven

Comment

Yes Carolus, that saves my sending it by e-mail -- good luck

------------------
          Scouse Git[1]

- Paul Craven

Comment

Thanks buddy, I'll need it!

Monarchy in 3250 BC... Can't hurt, can it?

One save to the next guy and one to you to put up at the site?

Carolus

Comment

Thanks SG for setting up this game! My schedule is rather busy right now but I always have the nights..

So as soon as I get the game I try to play my turns during the same evening. That 72h time limit sounds quite good.. let's see if we can make this game a 'lightning OCC bloodlust' one!

Comment

Hey. Sounds interesting. Can I still get in on this?

email theidiots@yahoo.com

------------------
                Please use this email:
                theidiots@yahoo.com or
                skrobism@linuxfreemail.com
                "Bonjour, you cheese-eatin' surrender-monkeys."
                Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

OK, skrobism, you're in -- see the first post.

------------------
                  Scouse Git[1]

- Paul Craven

Comment

Thanks SG. I like the 72 hour rule. Lately I've needed some prodding to find time to play. I have been too busy. I think that rule will help keep my priorities straight.

------------------
                    Please use this email:
                    theidiots@yahoo.com or
                    skrobism@linuxfreemail.com
                    "Bonjour, you cheese-eatin' surrender-monkeys."
                    Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Hey guys can i join in the game? my email is abneyja@yahoo.com thanks!
                      Angel left wing right wing broken wing

Comment

Damn, just for one day you don't check Apolyton and people set up a game... Is there still a place for one more?
                        Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                        And notifying the next of kin
                        Once again...

Comment

Marko, you've got mail!

Short log coming up after these messages...

Carolus

Comment

Once upon a time there was a small village. The small village had been abandoned by its former king, who's thirst for worldly pleasures was not easy to satisfy for the local taverna. Without the guidance of a benevolent, yet firm, leader the people of the small village now lived in fear of the barbarian hordes, rampaging the country side.

Then one morning a stranger, a tall vagabond, appeared. You could tell from the way he walked, that it was a man used to encounter (and overcome) difficulties and danger. The man entered the taverna.

"Water from your finest spring", he demanded, "for I have travelled far!"

Thus begins the story when a man without name or history started his journey to become a legend during his own life time. His subjects called him Carolus Rex.

3000 BC Discover pottery, currency next choice
                            2750 BC Chariot (hut)
                            2600 BC Barb archer destroys the wine mine...
                            2400 BC Discover currency, writing next choice (trade was not an option)
                            2200 BC Met the French, gave them pottery, not able to get tribute
                            2050 BC Barb horse from hut, threatening the warrior that entered the hut

The settler is working on that mine again.

Edited: Added a couple of 's!

Carolus

[This message has been edited by Carolus Rex (edited March 18, 2001).]

Comment

File received. I'll play my turns today

Comment

Working...
                              X