No announcement yet.

Games Civ Players love...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next to civ all other games pale in comparison. I have a whole bunch that I've enjoyed playing, but the fun lasts for only a month or two. Unlike Civ, which I've been playing for eight years now.
    Other games I've enjoyed:

Railroad Tycoon I/II
    Sim City II/III
    Imperialism II
    Capitalism
    EA Sports: Fifa Football
    Early 80's arcade games!

------------------
    Hasdrubal's Home.
    Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.
    Hasdrubal's Home.
    Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

Comment

Board Games I Like:

Risk (Although I never win...)
      Monopoly (I always win this one)
      Stratego (A good game...)
      Bulls and Bears (A great stock trading game)

I can't think of any others right now.
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet:
        Lords of the Realm is a game that I think many Civ players would love. And Heroes of Might and Magic, too. Maybe also Lords of Magic.

Games that COULD have been great if more effort would have been put in: Fantasy Empires and Birthright: the Gorgon's Alliance.

- Rib -

A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
        Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

Scouse, I played Bard's Tale on my old Commodore. I wish I'd kept the Commodore around, now.

I played some of the Sim games, too. Since I dislike real-time, arcade style games, I didn't try computer games on the PC until CivII. If I could find a good quest game with various created characters like Bard's Tale, I'd buy it.

------------------
          Proud participant in GameLeague...

Proud Warrior of the O.W.L. Alliance...
          Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
          Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
          Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Games I liked a few years ago:

Duke Nukem 3d
            Doom 1 & 2
            Command and Conquer series <---all games.
            Comanche
            Warcraft 2

Games I like now:
            Half-Life Team Fortress Mod.
            The Sims
            ToT

And I agree with those who said Lords of the Realm 2 would be enjoyed by Civ2 players. Its a great game, its just kind of old.
            I didn't know it was a Penis when I bought it.

Comment

I find tasteless all others games.
              So am I a REAL addict?
              Mike.doc

Comment

Lords of Magic was very buggy and crashed all the time, however when you could play it, then it was great.

Fantasy Empires was a good idea but like it was said, not enough effort was put in.
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Colonization back in the day... now the only game I EVER play is civ MPG
                  Apolyton Empress
                  "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

from my C64 days:
                    Bards tale
                    Blue Max
                    Great Giana Sisters
                    Uridium
                    Rock & Wrestle
                    Matchpoint
                    there's one I forgot the name from, you're playing a saxon lord trying to conquer England, Wales and Scotland. with 2 other (rather weak) saxon lords and 3 Norman lords
                    You could buy soldiers, knights and catapults

what was it called again???

in the boardgames category: Red storm rising, diplomacy, chess,

Comment

Some of my Favorite games.

Well For the longest time I was a Microprose fan. Most anything they made was good. Pirates, Railroad Tycoon, Civ, MOO, MoM, Colonization. You get the point. I actually bought Civ before I had a computer to play it on because it was Sid and it looked that cool.

Favorite share ware ever is easily Moroff's Revenge. wish i could find that again.

Now I am playing Civ2, Capitalism Plus, and RRT2

Comment

Blue Max and MULE! How I miss thee . . . I would add Archon I and II and Fields of Fire to the really old category. Remember saving things in your tape drive?

Closer to today, both Imperialism games are better at simulating their eras than Civ2. I also loved Darklands.
                        "You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head."
                        -OOTS

Comment

Seven Cities of Gold. That was the best. Until Civ 2, of course.

------------------
                          Frodo lives!

Better dead than "Red"... or green... or blue... or yellow... or orange... or purple... or white.
                          Frodo lives!

Comment

Well i don't play any other computer games since the first civII came out. NOw all my free time is spent with civ and Wiffleball.

Comment

Favorite games,
                              Mmmh,

Tie Fighter (space simulator with great missions and a dark side of the force atmosphere)
                              NHL 95 (ugly graphics but realistic and so much fun to play)
                              Chessmaster 3000 (when I could beat the computer at any level)

And from the old days :
                              Ultima 3
                              Flight Simulator
                              and Winter Games
                              Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

quote:

there's one I forgot the name from, you're playing a saxon lord trying to conquer England, Wales and Scotland. with 2 other (rather weak) saxon lords and 3 Norman lords
                                You could buy soldiers, knights and catapults

Defender of the Crown, one of my all-time favourites
                                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                                And notifying the next of kin
                                Once again...

Comment

Working...
                                X