Fearless Mage
    Scouse
    Messer Niccolo
    Mercatia

Let the games begin
    the number one of the number 2's.
    creator of the romans succession game!!

Order please!

FM, can I suggest you to re-post the order (the one in the other thread) we should follow?
    Who's playing first?
    You or STYOM?
    Never did a deity game but I've tried King w/out big problems so, since we are playing with LaFayette and the Gits... I won't bet a $ on the AI...

...waiting for my turn with patience
    googol... this is a number!
    "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
    "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

I'm in!

Count me in.

I believe the order thus far was:

Fearless Mage
      La Fayette
      STYOM
      Scouse Gits (one or more??)
      Messer Niccolo

Any of the settings are fine with me. Fearless, since you set this up, you can choose the civ and the titles...

Play some turns, upload the save here, and I'm sure La Fayette or whoever will jump in. Standard etiquette dictates that if you can't play your turn, to post a message saying so so that the game doesn't get bogged down.

STYOM
      "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Gentlemen - have we not forgotten the Lady Mercatia?
        I'm in SG[1] - (2) has yet to express any interest...

SG[1]

p.s. (in edit) Fearless_Mage it would help if you could edit your first post to show the play order once it has been established...
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Just a question...

for SG [1]... may I sack Rhodes if the Marquis doesn't show up?

Comment

My Macchiavellian friend, please be my guest...

On a more serious note, can we clarify the ground rules. both La Fayette and myself are Uni Lecturers (Lecherers) by occupation and (at least in my case) interfering old farts by preference - thus we enjoy partaking in inter-regnum banter of the sort, "Which certifiable moron is building a Factory on a one square island with only 1 shield/turn production!?" We think of this as being 'instructive' and 'constructive criticism' - others see it as flaming - such is most decidedly NOT our intention -- I got the impression from the previous thread that most here would like to view this game as a fun learning experience - in which case our interregnum banter might be of some use -- but if the general consensus is that we should shut up - so be it -- I'll PM LaFayette with my whinges instead

Oh and a small point of SG (succession game not scouse git) etiquette - please save at the end of a turn before hitting the end-of-turn switch - this allows your successor to re-arrange cities/production/revolutions etc before he/she start their turn properly ...

Let the battle commence - when's my turn!!

SG[1]

Comment

2.42? I'm in.
              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits

Oh and a small point of SG (succession game not scouse git) etiquette - please save at the end of a turn before hitting the end-of-turn switch - this allows your successor to re-arrange cities/production/revolutions etc before he/she start their turn properly ...

SG[1]
                This is important.

I'm always open to 'constructive criticism'

Comment

1) I am definitely open to constructive criticism (both giving and receiving ).
                  2) I think that you shouldn't close the list of players before Mercatia has said yes or no (remember that she chose the vet spy for her avatar).
                  Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Your Nordic bride shall remind your thick skull of your wedding vows if she sees you making goo-goo eyes at the young Apolytonettes…
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

My Mac habit prevents participation , but not learning . .I shall watch with great interest.

Have fun!
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Count me in too
                        Is it 2.42 or MGE
                        (doesn't matter : I've got both of them)
                        We should invent a civ rather than take an existing one and found cities with great names, like in our best succession games. Gits, do you remember the big city "Julius the Moan" It was London that you renamed that way
                        Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

I remember it well ...
                          We cursed MGE - since you cannot (as you can in 2.42) rename a city once it has been investigated - we were going to gift you Berne

SG[1]

p.s. (in edit) and this game is to be 2.42

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
                            Gentlemen - have we not forgotten the Lady Mercatia?
                            Awe I didn't think Fearless forgot me... I just figured I wasn't nearly skilled enough to play at diety...but a promise is a promise if you all want me I will play my hardest!!

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
                              Your Nordic bride shall remind your thick skull of your wedding vows if she sees you making goo-goo eyes at the young Apolytonettes…
                              Unfortunately my Nordic bride couldn't care less since we got a divorce 30 years ago .
                              Goo-goo eyes I make at all the vet spies I meet when playing civ2, and - believe me - I meet a lot (except in the Rome scenario where I meet Roman legions...: no goo-goo eyes then )
                              Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Working...
                              X