Succession Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fearless_Mage
    "I really think that it would be of benefit to include the other supplicants"

what the hell does that mean?

Sorry if its offencise.
    No offence taken - I was just suggesting that Mercatia, StrayBow, Julius and now I guess SG(2) might be included - but

Rule 7
    The game belongs to the thread-starter and it is their perogative to include and exclude whomsoever they may wish.

and if you wish to invoke this - so mote it be - but please tell us if this is your decision and I shall start another 2.42 game to run in parallel

SG[1]
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
      2) If Julius moans then he's sent to a Gulag for some "retraining".
      Comrades Lafayettovitsch and Androgitpovitch, please remember that I’ve already been sent to the goulag for speaking my mind in other succession games. I don’t fear to go back there.
      One of my favorite song is by Leonard Cohen :
      “They sentenced me to twenty years of boredom
      For trying to change the system from within”
      Fist we take Manhattan – then we take Berlin
      Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

Originally posted by Andemagne
        may I ask what do you guys theach?
        Mostly economics and finance (in fact I learn much more than I teach nowadays : learn civ3 + japanese language )
        Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

I propose that this venture becomes the antidote to the Democracy Game. The following conditions apply to a commie succession game:

1) There is a ruling Politburo of "Old Farts" (Thinks…we need some older players )
          2) If Julius moans then he's sent to a Gulag for some "retraining".
          3) Cities are frequently renamed by the Presidium to reflect who is in/out of favour with the Central Committee. (Could be confusing with everywhere called Scouse Farts)
          4) Any defectors who go over to the Democracy Game will be hunted and eliminated.
          5) Comrade La Fayette runs the KGB...but one of his spies will always report to me
          6) Gits are allowed to drink wine instead of vodka.

----------------------

SG(2) The people have spoken!

Comment

5) Comrade La Fayette runs the KGB...but one of his spies will always report to me
            6) Gits are allowed to drink wine instead of vodka.

----------------------

SG(2) The people have spoken!
            5) If one of them does that, you can bet she's a mole.
            6) Only red wine tolerated, of course.

Comment

Got it... should have a save later today, when work calms down...

(STYOM cracks open bottle of Absolut )

STYOM
              "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
              "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Originally posted by La Fayette

Mostly economics and finance (in fact I learn much more than I teach nowadays : learn civ3 + japanese language )
                LaFayette-sama wa Nihongo wo benkiyo shima****a ka.

If I remember well...

Ah and about the red wine. What if no grapes are produced due to our 5 year economic plan?
                Do we need to fill the empty wine bottles with vodka and ask the SGs to call it "red wine"?
                googol... this is a number!
                "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
                "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

I started a second 2.42 game anyway - there seems to be enough interest...
                  The game is open anyone can join in you can play in both games if you like ...

SG[1]
                  "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                  "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

ANYONE can play, tell you the truth I usaully play at prince.
                    and rule 8)no boba feets. sorry but NO boba fetts.

naah just jokes
                    the number one of the number 2's.
                    creator of the romans succession game!!

Comment

i can't remember who the others are so if you want to be in it PLEASE post here and i'll edit my origanal post and add you.

Comment

I'll play....and learn!

Comment

Here it is...

A proletarian Man arises to lead the nomadic Romans. Armed with both knowledge of Bronze Working and that more skilled leaders will certainly succeed him , Comrade STYOM begins his rule.

4000: Turns on "Always Wait at End of Turn". Turns off "Throne Room" and "Instant Advice" As if! Turns on 'Map Grids'

3950: Das Kapital founded (2 special location, hoping to reveal more, maybe a whale or wine to the SW??) Warrior started. Workers shifted to Iron in order to speed Warrior production. 2nd NON settler moves NW, discovering a river.

3900: Researching Alphabet (on the road to Monarchy).

3850: Workers in Das Kapital switched to Wheat (avoiding wasted production).

3800: White Square founded; starts Warriors (workers shifted to Buffalo). A lovely little town which triples our Science output.

3750: Warriors enrolled in Das Kapital. They move SW and find... no whales. Das Kapital begins Settlers.

3700: Warriors find a village, doubtless populated by imperialists, near Das Kapital. Workers in White Square switched from Buffalo to Grassland (again, to avoid waste).

3650: Alphabet learned. Researching Ceremonial Burial. The village of imperialists give up their worldly goods (in this case some Horsemen ) to join the Roman collective. Our new Horsemen explore eastward.

3600: White Square has gathered a troop of young Warriors, willing to die so that future generations might stand in line for days to buy a loaf of bread. Settlers started. Warriors from White Square begins to explore a promising-looking river complex...

3550: Warriors returns to Das Kapital. Horsemen continue to the North and East of Das Kapital, revealing Silk and Fish. Warriors from White Square continues along the river, finding some Buffalo.

STYOM announces a new 500 Year Plan, and is quickly stripped of Politburo membership by a vengeful Praesidium, an event which becomes known to future generations as a 'Cabinet Shuffle'...

(For those of you attempting to learn, planning to criticize, or both , I have included the rationale for some of my decisions...)

STYOM
                          Attached Files
                          "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

i'll edit the original later, not enought time now bye

Comment

I was next to STYOM on the list.
                              Therefore I downloaded and played 10 turns.

STYOM, I hope you don't mind. I think we said that we would make remarks and give advice. Here is one for a start:
                              In your 3550BC savegame both cities are size one and growing at the rythm of one food/turn. They should both be growing at a rythm of 2 food/turn until they reach size 2. This has been clearly demonstrated by daveV in his paper 'the daveV view' that you can find in the GL (just below my own '3 arrow strategy' ).
                              You find it under the letter 'R' ( = Ressource square usage).

Well, I went on growing both cities (at 2 food/turn until size 2 ) and exploring. Discovered CB in 3250 and switched to CoL. Also bought one shield in Das Kapital, in order to get a settler in 5 turns (that settler should be completed in 3000BC).
                              Attached Files

Comment

Perhaps I should mention that I didn't tip any of the huts I met.
                                I hate to get a 'useless' tech before Monarchy is discovered.
                                (Anyway STYOM, you were lucky enough to get a horseman...perhaps we should name our next city 'Las Vegas', but I guess the Politburo wouldn't like it )

Comment

Working...
                                X