Worst capital city ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst capital city ever?

Ever seen a worse choice of capital city location than London?
    Attached Files

Can someone just post a screenie please?

Comment

Here ya go...

Are you sure you didn't cheat? Because those hills and mountains exactly follow the city radius.

Need less to say, I don't think I've seen worse.
      Attached Files
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

The best part is the automatic defensive bonus any attacker will have against a city defender...
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

This smells a bit fishy to me. I remember the thread in which someone (apologies ) explained that it was possible to force the AI to build two adjacent cities because of the way its cities are planned. There is no chance that the AI would ever build a city on a square with so little growth potential. A dumb human player might, but the AI would rather wander for many years than just found straight off with so little food potential.

Comment

Looks fishy...
            "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
            "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

I cant tell on this monitor: any Gold in those Mountains? You'd think they'd at least mine the coal.

Funny too how the Plains next to Oxford and Newcastle are unimproved, but those two tiles away are roaded and irrigated. And what was the point of roading the Plains south of the Pheasant? Wishful thinking?

Comment

Not too mention the perfectionist placement of Canterbury & Nottingham.
                Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

Hm. One of the things I hate is placing cities next to the shore when I still have no fleet to check if there are nay resources just a bit away... or placing cities in the first turns
                  and later it turns out there's water one point away...
                  "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                  I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                  Middle East!

Comment

For the offshore resources problem, then use the Gits' hutfinding program, and in order to settle in the best spot then you can only explore better before founding.

Comment

Yes, this look a bit strange. I've seen the AI wander for centuries when in the hills or mountains, but I've never seen them settle a location like this.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm with the fishy crew ...

SG[1]
                        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I've seen AI settle on bad land before but this is just plain stupid.

Comment

hello debeest!
                            welcome back
                            do you mean you are playing the English?
                            Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Re: Worst capital city ever?

Originally posted by debeest
                              Ever seen a worse choice of capital city location than London?
                              Speaking strictly IRL, it's obvious you haven't been to Ottawa in the winter
                              "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                              "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Working...
                              X