Mongols: 1752

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mongols: 1752

The Mongols.... the most backstabbing, worst civ to be around with.... lets try to be friends! We should be help them blow up the Vikings... JUST JOKING! All we can do is stay away from them like the plague! Thats all.
    Attached Files
    A- Peace :love:
    8.82%
    A- Peace for free though
    23.53%
    A- War: kill them all :evilgrin:
    0.00%
    A- War: don't attack.
    5.88%
    B- Trade tech.
    17.65%
    B- Steal tech.
    5.88%
    B- Do nothing.
    2.94%
    C- Trade goods
    26.47%
    C- don't trade goods
    0.00%
    Banana!
    8.82%

The poll is expired.

Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

There cities:
    Attached Files
    Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

There homeland-1:
      Attached Files

Comment

You have 3 days, There homeland-2:
        Attached Files

Comment

The Mongols are our "Key Civ", so our tech research costs depend on how many they have compared to us. I think we should gift them most of our techs to reduce our costs. We'll make it up by advancing even faster as a result.

Meanwhile, given their agressive military attitude, we should try to stay peaceful with them as long as the game permits (a pact against us is inevitible).

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
          Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
          Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

I'm not sure how that key civ thing will work when the Mongols destroy the Vikings

any ideas people
            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Was that ever tested? I saw an allusion to "effect of eliminated civs on the key civ" in another thread but never found the follow-up. We could always work to forestall the destruction of the Vikes by gifting them some techs too, level the killing field. Whether that would help in time is another story . . .

Comment

We could always gift the Vikings a city on an island away from the other civs. That would make sure they survive.
                Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

We cant gift city's in SP, they'll have to conquer one.

IIRC when mongols kill vikings all remaining colours move 1 step down the scale.

The purple civ then becomes the key civ for the 2 most powerfull civs.

I'll check this when I get home.

Comment

It seems Mongols play ICS, so they are late in science.
                    OK for trading and giving techs to test the KeyCiv effect.
                    JCP
                    Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Originally posted by atawa
                      We cant gift city's in SP, they'll have to conquer one.

IIRC when mongols kill vikings all remaining colours move 1 step down the scale.

The purple civ then becomes the key civ for the 2 most powerfull civs.

I'll check this when I get home.
                      Drat! Well, I'd never tried to gift a city before, so I didn't realize we couldn't. Another brilliant idea bites the dust.

I suggest then that we gift the Vikings some good defensive tech (Gunpowder and Chivalry). It's not like they will ever be a threat to us (they are far too low on the Powergraph).

Is there a way to tell what the 2nd most powerful civ is if 1 civ gets eliminated? I'm not positive that power ratings go in line with the Powergraph chart. I mean that I don't know if the power rating is the same as Powergraph (probably is, though. The Traveller's Report tells us, but it hasn't been reported.

Comment

You can check PG or look at combined techs and city's.

Giving Gunpowder is an excelent idea

Comment

I'm never normally in favour of gifting techs - I am quite happy killing spearthrowing natives with nuclear weapons whenever I have the opportunity, and don't even want them having sharper spears. However the argument for levelling the playing field in this game with a defensive tech like Gunpowder is a very good one. It will probably make the world a far more stable place (dangerous thinking, did R. Oppenheimer also think this when he was developing the A bomb I wonder?).

However it will then make it even more essential that we are in a position to keep all the Civs under control, because the problem with weapons technology in Civ as in the real world, is that it always escalates.

World domination is always the most preferable way to run a Democracy, as I am sure George W. would agree...
                          "It's not about whether you win or lose, it's about how many people you can slaugher playing the game...." - BruceTheStupid, 2400BC.

Comment

Originally posted by atawa
                            You can check PG or look at combined techs and city's.

Giving Gunpowder is an excelent idea
                            I've always thought the the Powergraph gives too much value to the number of units (rather than the quality of them) and the number of cities (even if poorly developed).

Comment

are these games alot of fun?
                              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Working...
                              X