No announcement yet.

City planners Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ixnay and MrWIA need a brief period of assignment to our Special Education Classes.
    Spend some time in the Great Library, boys!

(digging the new avatar, MrWIA)
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

If the settler is almost built, changing for an improvment costs 50% of the saved gold !
      I know and it pains me greatly but If we Build the settler tehn the food required to support it will couse our city growth to slow allmost to a halt, Then in Republic it will stop all together and couse a possible shield deficit, I tried to mnkey with teh workers to produce zero shields and was nt able to find a satisfactory setup. We could allways swtich to a caravan or dip but we would still loose lots of shields that way

So... does that mean (amongst others) this square is a special?
      No the specials in this portion of the map are spaced 8 squares apart with the exception of the blue square which is in a 3-5 pattern. You can't see this pattern continued for a while becouse the others like this fall in the ocean and don't show up at all. Cavebear did bring up a good point about teh meridian tho and i will doube check that, however I am still certain that this is a special. There is prob another 2 squares south of sevill as well but that is out of the city radius and no real concern to us.
      Wizards sixth rule:
      "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
      Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt So... does that mean (amongst others) this square is a special?
        As Zedd replies, no.
        but the special would be in the tile immediatly at the north : in water ! PLOUF ! no special as we cannot mine the ocean !
        JCP
        Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Originally posted by Zedd
          I know and it pains me greatly but If we Build the settler tehn the food required to support it will couse our city growth to slow allmost to a halt, Then in Republic it will stop all together and couse a possible shield deficit, I tried to mnkey with teh workers to produce zero shields and was nt able to find a satisfactory setup. We could allways swtich to a caravan or dip but we would still loose lots of shields that way
          I'm always reluctant to loose shields when my basket is almost full !
          In the described situation, why not to build the settler, then to rehome it, as we have at least 8 turns before our revolution for a rep ?
          JCP
          Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Originally posted by JCP

I'm always reluctant to loose shields when my basket is almost full !
            In the described situation, why not to build the settler, then to rehome it, as we have at least 8 turns before our revolution for a rep ?
            I like this idea
            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

1. Terraforming takes for-freaking-ever and is not wise at this early juncture of the game. DON'T DO IT. Put settlers to use on short-term projects (roads, irrigation, mining, perhaps an occasional fortress). If there's nothing better to do (since we're not going to found new cities for awhile), take the pop boost from the Join City order.

2. The issue of the Settler being built in Leon worries me, since changing the build order to infrastructure would cost us half the shields already invested. THE SOLUTION IS EASY. I strongly suggest that we complete the build and put the Settler to work for a few turns. when we're ready to go Republic, he can Join City to replace the population lost in the build.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Ok the polls are closed and this is the vote

(Zedd too lazy to write it posts a screen shot )
                Attached Files
                Wizards sixth rule:
                "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Working...
                X