City planners Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City planners Poll

Ok i don't want to make a dozen threads so I will poll as many options as i can here.

First is the issue of Vigo and this Tireme, The minister of war needs diplos and Vigo can not support that tireme into a republic without cuting shield production down too low (2 or 3 tops ) So My suggestion is to Change that tireme to diplo imediately.

Choices a: finish the ship b. Build the dip

Second Seville has a "special" hidden in its grasslands. we could mine this into forrest and get the Phesant (3food 2 shield) or the silk (1food but 3 trade)

Choices a.make me a forrest b. leave it alone (for now)

Third Barcelona Has one too many tiremes in its care as far as i am concerned. If we move it to Freeport that city will easily support it. then Barcelona could concentrate on building a diplomatic force to charge our enemies with.

Choices a:Move the boat b. Leave the boat
    c. build dips d build other

Fourth Leon Is building a settler next turn(at size 3) and It is allready going to be strapped for shields in republic and with one of the workers turned settler there will just be enough food in a republic to support the settler which means no city growth. My suggestion is to wait until a couple more citizens arrive there before building a settler.

Choices a. build settler b. build market
    c. build library d. build barracks for vet units later e. other (please make a suggestion )

I should also explain that there are lots of forrest and mountains that we can mine for shields, so this will be a good production city, but the pop is not ready to build a settler yet. Granada however is building a settler and that one could easily come over to help out its neighbor

Fifth and last. Malanga is ready for a harbor. however it supples beads and salt which are each in big demand so i wish to finish the caravan building there now, build one more to carry the other comodity and then build harbor to stimulat growth.

Choices a. good plan b. build harbor next not 'van c. other (again make a suggestion please )
    Attached Files
    a: finish the ship
    3.51%
    b. Build the dip
    14.04%
    a.make me a forrest
    10.53%
    b. leave it alone (for now)
    5.26%
    a:Move the boat
    14.04%
    b. Leave the boat
    1.75%
    c. build dips
    12.28%
    d build other
    1.75%
    a. build settler
    5.26%
    b. build market
    5.26%
    c. build library
    3.51%
    d. build barracks for vet units later
    1.75%
    e. other (please make a suggestion :idea: )
    0.00%
    a. good plan
    15.79%
    b. build harbor next not 'van
    0.00%
    c. other (suggestion please:idea: )
    0.00%
    BANANA Option!!!!!!!!
    5.26%

The poll is expired.

Wizards sixth rule:
    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Here is sevil and its grassland
    Attached Files
    Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

here is barcelona
      Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

oops forgot the pic
        Attached Files
        Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

the boat
          Attached Files
          Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Leon
            Attached Files
            Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

and malanga, sorry but i don't know how to ge t more than one pic on here at a time and my paint shop pro is not re-loaded yet.
              Attached Files
              Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Originally posted by Zedd
                Here is sevil and its grassland
                Is the hidden special sure ?
                The map is too narrow to see it !
                JCP
                Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Re: City planners Poll

Fourth Leon Is building a settler next turn(at size 3) and It is allready going to be strapped for shields in republic and with one of the workers turned settler there will just be enough food in a republic to support the settler which means no city growth. My suggestion is to wait until a couple more citizens arrive there before building a settler.
                  Choices a. build settler b. build market
                  c. build library d. build barracks for vet units later e. other (please make a suggestion )
                  If the settler is almost built, changing for an improvment costs 50% of the saved gold !
                  JCP
                  Paris, FRANCE

Comment

I should also explain that there are lots of forrest and mountains that we can mine for shields, ...
                    Mining hills, OK !
                    But not Forests : they already have 2 shield, then 3 when railroaded !
                    JCP
                    Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Ok i don't want to make a dozen threads so I will poll as many options as i can here.
                      BTW, I agree with all the remainder!
                      JCP
                      Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Here is a more braod snapshot of just the terrain.

The orange circles represent parts of the regular specials pattern, the blue circle is an "odd ball" pattern of 3-5 and the red is the grassland in question.
                        Attached Files
                        Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

So is there some sort of pattern to special resources appearing on the map? I'd never heard of anything like that before.

Comment

There is a general pattern of specials. You find one, and you look East/West. The specials go East/West by special, 1, 2, 3, 4, special, 1, 2, special, 1,2,3,4, special.

But not always, and it fails at the 0 latittude, which messes up all counts. I've mined terrain there there "should" be a special and nothing happens.

But it is often worth trying and we have a lot of Settlers. I'm willing to spend some Settler effort on it. I *do* look for those patterns. Heck, we are running out of terrain to improve in soime locations, so some exploratory mining or terrain change might pay off.

I would particularly like to find some good hills to mine, too...

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                            Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                            Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

I never knew the specials thing either.

So... does that mean (amongst others) this square is a special?
                              Attached Files
                              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                              X