Impeachment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hydey
    Is he back yet or are we still waiting, wtiddling our thumbs.
    whinger

Comment

It seems that at this point president shall remain president...
      googol... this is a number!
      "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
      "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
        Is he back yet or are we still waiting, wtiddling our thumbs.
        maybe you should have voted to impeach then

Comment

honey I'm home
          Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

(ZEDD IS VENTING)

I will proudly and loudly state that I voted NO!!!! to impeachment.

john has been very open and honest as to his playing strategy as well as his position of being unfamiliar in the political arena for a democracy game. While i would suggest to him to seek more coucil on the role a pres should play, I think We should also do our part to see to it that he is ABLE to function as he should by providing that kind of information to him.
            I myself have not been an official and now seriously doubt i would want to be......Haveing never done so before i wouldn't know where to begin. No offense to you veterans but we "Newbies" deserve the oportunity to play this GAME and LEARN from the experience while haveing some FUN without trying to live up to the "ideal game"
            With all of the boasting I hear about top strategy and sucky AI i don't see how we can not make up for any lost ground due to a rocky start, so that is not an issue. And with some more communication and some advice from you vets on how to be a president and do it "right" then that shouldn't be a problem either.
            Wizards sixth rule:
            "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
            Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower

maybe you should have voted to impeach then
              Maybe I did
              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I think this vote has gone on pletny long, more than 66% of the country has voted, and John maintains a safe margin of support. I believe its time to move onto the next turn, maybe the VP can declare voting over so we can get on with the affairs of state that are presented to us.

Comment

hydey - i don't think so
                  at the point you voted, everyone else's votes were accounted for

but yes, voting is over, and the president has been retained

Comment

Originally posted by Darkness' Edge
                    hydey - i don't think so
                    at the point you voted, everyone else's votes were accounted for
                    you would be assuming that all others voted the way they said and not said one thing but voted the other way.

I would not assume too much if I were you.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Zedd
                      I myself have not been an official and now seriously doubt i would want to be......Haveing never done so before i wouldn't know where to begin. No offense to you veterans but we "Newbies" deserve the oportunity to play this GAME and LEARN from the experience while haveing some FUN without trying to live up to the "ideal game"
                      Of course participate in the game. But people can't expect to walk in off the street and immediately understand what is expected of being President.

Find a part of the game you are really interested in. As a Citizen, participate in the discussions of the that aspect. After a month or so of that, run for the Ministry of that area. Being a Minister gets you used to communicating with the Citizens and the President in a part of the game. If you enjoy it, and do well at being a Minister, then try being President.

By then, you will have more of a sense of what needs to be done, and why. And then you would have a chance of being a President who can make the game participatory and enjoyable by everyone.
                      Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Cavebear I agree completely, and would even say that it should be a requirement of the position of president. However it was well know that john had no such experience and no one seemed to think it a problem until now. I expected to see some "mistakes" in the game play becouse john has not gotten the experience needed, however he is doing the best with what he has and if WE wish him to change then it will take some effort on our part to convey that to him.
                        If someone wanted a more experienced player they should have voted so, or elected to run themselves. We chose john as pres knowing his strenghts and weaknesses as well as knowing his potential yet we haven't allowed him to explore that potential. i will not run for an office becouse I KNOW that i am inexperienced at the democracy rules (not at civ ) and would have to rely on others to explain things too me, seeing johns dificulty's with it and the ensueing Fracas i don't want my inexperience to lead down the same path. however that will certainly not keep me from voteing or running my mouth in opinion polls
                        Wizards sixth rule:
                        "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                        Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Bonus points to Zedd for using "Fracas" in that post.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I am running for president next month and will most deffinately rely on others to explain things to me. This way i would hope to be a very good president.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Since this poll had no end date and DC wanted it closed after 5 days (it's been a week), I requested that Ming close it.

123john321, your head has been removed from the chopping block. Let's move forward!!
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I agree. John has kept his job, close as the vote may have been. The Citizens have spoken.

Time to get moving again.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                                Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                                Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                                Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Working...
                                X