Impeachment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impeachment

Firstly, I want to say that I'm not calling this of my own volition, but in the role of Vice-President. I'm not convinced of either point, as such, will probably abstain. However, as Vice-President, it's my job to call this poll, as it has been requested.

Secondly, in the event of impeachment, as the next in line for the throne, I would prefer snap elections. I'm not keen on having to take the reins at this stage.

EDIT: I forgot to put a time limit on this poll. If it's possible, can a mod please make it five days?
    Yes
    42.86%
    No
    52.38%
    Abstain
    4.76%
    Last edited by Darkness' Edge; August 17, 2002, 01:02.

I'm going to abstain. I'd rather give him a turn or 2 to try and get things down, and then let the elections speak for whether we want him back.

Comment

No. I believe in second chances, and if we lose the game 'cause of a lousy start so what? It may give us new strategies to try out if we have to start from behind. I think john is a little taken aback at the outcry, and genuinely wants to be a good Prez. Now that we have told him what we want him to do as Prez, I think things will be smoother from now on.

If not, it will almost be the end of the month anyway.
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I've thought about this, and it's not an easy decision, but I've decided to vote yes.

I'm trying to find the post that convinced me...I can't remember where I found it.

Sorry, john...

Comment

I have voted

I will not say how i voted but i would like to say this.
          Everyone involved here enjoys playing civ type games, if we didn't we would not be involved in this game.
          Some people find enjoyment only by winning the games and would not enjoy playing a game out that they knew had started badly, this is ok.
          Some people get enjoyment in playing games where they are always struggling and often lose but sometimes beat the odds and win, this is ok.
          Some people even use the cheat menu to cheat and make sure they win , this is ok.

All I ask is that you think very carefully before voting to impeach the president that you are doing it within the spirit of the democracy game and not just because you feel we cannot win, for although some people will not enjoy playing a game from this disadvantaged possition, others will infact find it much more enjoyable than the first game which turned into a very easy win.
          The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I really hoped this didn't happen...

I'll only say 2 things:

1) Before we started this game almost everybody was screaming that the AI is so incompetent that we should give it a chance, we would restrict ourselves in the most horrible ways so it wasn't an easy win.Now at the first sign this game might not be an "accidentally kill all AI and win the game"-game I hear some shout we should get rid of such a "bad" president...we have only played about 40 turns...yes we don't have an immense number of techs...so what last game we didn't gather all techs either.We will not start building wonders in the first 2 cabinet turns...may I remind you that I (beeing a naughty boy) build our first wonders and I wasn't the first or even the second president.
            This time there might even be a chance(if enough things go wrong in the next 2 cabinets) to get it a little bit interesting.
            (of less importance,but just to give an idea of how good the AI is)
            2)yesterday I started a new game and used the accelerated start mode(and immediatly remembered why I never use it): I had in 2000BC 2cities and the only explored terrain was that inside the cities.(and a bunch of units I didn't want)

I say No, and I hope/believe John will follow the orders of his cabinet next session.

*tosses yet an other spear at the scorebord*

Shade
            ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
            "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
            shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Give him another chance

*thinks of my other post about this*
              I only did one thing wrong today ... I got out of bed
              "Damnit, is it possible to spell medievel right?" -SilverDragon

herr_ren@gmx.net

Comment

Originally posted by shade
                *tosses yet an other spear at the scorebord*
                *ducks spear and laughs *

well said former president shade.

*ducks another spear *

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey

*ducks spear and laughs *
                  woeps, sorry
                  *ducks another spear *
                  here you have a new spear,try it yourself

Shade
                  "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Comment

Originally posted by shade

here you have a new spear,try it yourself
                    *waits for shade to turn his back*

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I LOVE YOU APOLYTON, 1-5-1! (anyways, whats "Abstain" )
                      Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Don't look now John, Shade has armed me with a spear

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey

*waits for shade to turn his back*
                          *activates his personal EM-repulsivefield(something he found in a cave wich must have been invented by the old Apolytonian empire before it collapsed) and walks away totally relaxed*

Shade

Comment

Originally posted by 123john321
                            (anyways, whats "Abstain" )
                            = I don't vote YES nor NO (something like YES=+1, NO=-1 and ABSTAIN=+0)

Shade,*still relaxed by the light blue glow of the EMRF*

Comment

after seeing how poorly john followed my minister's report after the last round, and his continued display of going it on his own, overstepping his powers, i vote yes

Comment

Working...
                              X