No announcement yet.

Impeachment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shade: In the event of no one else stepping forward, I would take the reins.

However, ixnay has nominated himself, and I'll gladly support him.

Comment

I voted no. Why? Well, I figure that playing the game from a weaker position might actually be interesting. And who knows, we might still win.

The poll was still open, with a 7-6-1 vote, and now it's 7-7-1. Hmm. Well, let's see what happens.

Hehe. This is what happens when I don't come to the forums in a week.
      "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
      Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
      Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
      Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

I am planning to run for president at the next elections , as such I would obviously be prepared to take over earlier if required.
        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I voted to impeach, da prez has not asked for or followed the advice or will of the people. Therefore he has lost his mandate. However, the game should continue. Definitely no restart. Lets see if our combine knowledge, luck and the belief in the Great Banana can get us out of this..... situation
          "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
          "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

I'll support anyone who can get us out of crappy situation.
            Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

123john321 won a fair election. Our early play has been decidedly despotic in nature, as was the first Civ2 Demo Game.

It is unfortunate that John did not make the "usual" decisions about early expansion and exploring. As Shade points out, several Presidents in the first game made multiple "executive decisions" and were not really criticized at all -- mostly because they were good decisions.

I truly believe John is on trial more for his playing style than his communications.

It's August 19. Time for a couple more sessions in the current regime, then we move on. This thread gains us nothing.

BTW, I believe we decided that impeachment required a 2/3 majority when it was discussed during the last game.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by 123john321
                or we could just leave it unitl its next time its elections.
                I vote NO for this reason alone.

We wanted a challenge - those who grumble that we are in a hole, run for president next month and turn things more to your liking. Playing from behind is more fun than coasting on a lead. So we don't lead in population and techs? I challenge the next president to do something about it. We will surpass the AI eventually. If it happens a bit later, so be it.
                The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                intelligence to few.

Comment

I'm leave today and won't be back to the internet unilt noon of 21st of August (GMT- 6) becasue I'll be out of town (school supplys)
                  Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Originally posted by 123john321
                    I'm leave today and won't be back to the internet unilt noon of 21st of August (GMT- 6) becasue I'll be out of town (school supplys)
                    I'm thinking Melfort is not exactly a booming metropolis if you must leave town to buy notebooks and pens...

Travel safely, 123john. Beware the wild loons and moose...

Fellow Citizen's -- Dad's gone for 2 whole days! While the cat's away...

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit

I'm thinking Melfort is not exactly a booming metropolis if you must leave town to buy notebooks and pens...
                      no no he just has to find a city where they invented writting(he's going undercuver/cover to steal the tech )

Safe travel John

Shade
                      ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                      shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Does this mean the vice president can now play the next turns , following the ministers instructions?

Or does the game grind to a halt until the president is back in his little village.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

it's only two days
                          plus, the last save i recieved was in 4000BC...

Comment

Originally posted by Darkness' Edge
                            it's only two days
                            Play on the first day , the ministers poll on the second and the president can then play in 2 more days.

Sorry just wanting the game to move on.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

i don't have the last save that was sent to ministers (it never arrived)
                              let alone the last save

i think it can wait until he gets back...

Comment

Is he back yet or are we still waiting, wtiddling our thumbs.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Working...
                                X