No announcement yet.

Elections!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a zipfile containing a file for use in DOS called gifcvt32.exe.

You need to put it into a directory along with any .bmp files you want to change into .gif.

Then you type (in DOS)

gifcvt32 *.bmp

and it turns all files that are .bmp into .gif.

Then you can post them! Please try this - don't give upo yet!

Minister of WAR, not peace.
    Presidential Candidate.
    MrWIA.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Well, at least we know 123john321 is passionate...

Tell us what graphic- or image-type programs you have available, 123. We'll get you through this.

* -Jrabbit offers 123john321 one of his legendary chill pills. *

Maybe you just need to relax a bit. Here, try this...
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

ARGH!

Here it is.

Minister of WAR, not peace.
        Presidential Candidate.
        MrWIA.
        Attached Files
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
          I just figured out that i made a mistake with the dates: 27th is thursday, not friday; 30th is sunday, not monday. Should I have them still be between those days or move it up a day so it goes over the weekend and ends on the 1st?
          I recommend that the election poll be posted on Thursday the 27th and be set for 3 days. That will give me a chance to get the latest game file to the new Cabinet and gets them off to a good start Monday July 1st.

Which days are you going to be gone? I remember that there was some part of the election process I was going to do for you.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
          Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
          Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

123john321 - Just save the Paint file as a .jpg format! You seem to be doing everything else correctly. At the bottom of the "save as" screen is a box that says "save as type". At the right of that box is a scroll arrow. When you click on it, it will offer several file formats. Choose "JPEG File Interchange Format [*.jpg, *.jpeg]". Your file will then be saved in jpg format and you can post the image.

Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

well if i can't run for VP since the presidential race is contested, i want to run for science advisor.

Comment

i'll be gone the 28th-10th, you just have to officially announce the results/do runoffs or anything else that is needed afgterwards

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
                  123john321 - Just save the Paint file as a .jpg format! You seem to be doing everything else correctly. At the bottom of the "save as" screen is a box that says "save as type". At the right of that box is a scroll arrow. When you click on it, it will offer several file formats. Choose "JPEG File Interchange Format [*.jpg, *.jpeg]". Your file will then be saved in jpg format and you can post the image.

Oh great cavebear, I would like if you read this quote to understand why it ain't working....

Originally posted by 123john321 here the main reason why it would work........ YOU CAN'T GET THE "Graphic Interchange format (*.gif)/JPEG file interchange format (*.jpg, *.jpeg)" crap........ oh well
                  And Mr. WIA, here how its working.....

it ain't...... like I said, oh well....... (the problem is that as soon as it comes, the next second goes..........)
                  Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Great anyone else want to run, I think you have just today to announce that!
                    Play the Demo Games!!
                    Running for Foreign Minister in the 3rd Civ2 Single Human Play game!!
                    Vote for the experience, Vote for me!!

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                      .....Tell us what graphic- or image-type programs you have available, 123. We'll get you through this....
                      Paint and "Print Artist" (they both came with the comptuer, its a Used windows 95 Packard Bell)
                      Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

• Originally posted by 123john321 windows 95
                        Therein lies the problem...

If MSPaint does not save as *.gif (some versions don't), see if you have any other graphics softwares. MS Imaging might be able to do it.
                        The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                        intelligence to few.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebear

... Who knows better where the skeletons are hidden than I?
                          The pigeons know!
                          And my doggies (they have grown a little... )

about the image problem
                          * try MSpaint--> SAve as--> *.gif or *.jpeg
                          * try Microsoft Photo editor(if the image is saved as bmp, rightclick when holding down the shift key --> choose the option "open with"(don't know what the english version says)--> chose "PHOTOED" and then you can save the image as gif/jpeg.
                          * ...If I can think of more progs they automaticaly dump in a windows-version...I'll let you know...

Shade
                          Attached Files
                          ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                          "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                          shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

• Originally posted by civman2000
                            i'll be gone the 28th-10th, you just have to officially announce the results/do runoffs or anything else that is needed afgterwards
                            OK, I'll take care of that part. Thanks.

Comment

• I will post election polls tomorrow morning or maybe afternoon, still no candidates for historian...

Comment

• what about cavebear? and the term limit issue is decided against cavebear, i vote we either put the opposers up against a wall before a firing squad or make them the historian

Comment

Working...
                                X