No announcement yet.

Elections!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know the e-mail to contact Apolyton about this problem?
    Last edited by mrboo123; June 25, 2002, 10:39.
    Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
      ... Who knows better where the skeletons are hidden than I?
      The pigeons know!
      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
      intelligence to few.

Comment

123john321,
        don't wory your are not alone, I hve been unsuccessfull at all of my attepts to use the diferent options avilabel to forum users.

Inserting URL........no good
        email link...nope
        image.........no
        quote............uh uh.

I emailed about it but never got a response, and can't find anything in the forums about it either.

Cavebear. I am able to attach an image using the process you described but I can't place an image in the text portion of the message.

(insert pic here)
        Wizards sixth rule:
        "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
        Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

I support MWIA for president
          Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Thanks Zedd and -Jrabbit!

And guys, for attaching images, ONLY .jpg and .gif actually show as pictures here - .bmp does not. If you save some pic as a .gif (can be done in MSPaint, for example), and post it here, it will show up, much as this one does.
            Attached Files
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

If, however, you try post a .bmp or .txt (which you have already tried, I notice) or any other type of file, it will do this.

Hope this helps.

Minister of WAR, not peace.
              Presidential Candidate.
              MrWIA.
              Attached Files
              Consul.

Comment

I think MWIA proved in this term as Minister of WAR he is the right man for the job as we are about to engage in a world wide war

You have my support in upcomming elections

Comment

Originally posted by Zedd
                  Inserting URL
                  Type [ url ] http://www.dot.com [ / url ] , but without any of the spaces.

Originally posted by Zedd
                  Click the 'quote' button next to 'edit' on the post you want to quote. Otherwise, to manually do it, type
                  [ quote ] to be or not to be [ / quote ] , again without spaces.
                  The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                  intelligence to few.

Comment

Click the 'quote' button next to 'edit' on the post you want to quote. Otherwise, to manually do it, type
                    [ quote ] to be or not to be [ / quote ] , again without spaces.
                    and http://apolyton.net/civ2/

Thanks for the pointers,
                    I quess i'll see if i can get it to work.

Its nice to have a forum where the pro's re allways willing to help out the newbies, Many of them just tell you to go find it out yourself, and some of us don't have that brain capacity.

edit: IT worked! thanks, now i can really get into some forum posting
                    Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                      ...for attaching images, ONLY .jpg and .gif actually show as pictures here - .bmp does not. If you save some pic as a .gif (can be done in MSPaint, for example), and post it here, it will show up, much as this one does.
                      THANKS FOR THE F*&%ING CONFIDNS BUILDER! (but, thanks for trying ) becasue I don't know where the hell you would find the ".jpg/.gif" things..... and I'm not even going to try......... (yes, I AM A QUITER!)
                      Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

123john321,
                        When you have the file open in paint choose "saveas" from the file menu and at the bottom of the save window you can choose
                        1. monocrome bitmap (*.bmp)
                        2. 16-bit, 256 color, and 24-bit bitmap(*.bmp)
                        3.Graphic Interchange format (*.gif)
                        4. JPEG file interchange format (*.jpg, *.jpeg)
                        Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Originally posted by 123john321
                          .......and I'm not even going to try. (yes, I AM A QUITER!)
                          that meant I'm not running any more, (anyways, by legs hurt, running can do that to you)

Comment

Originally posted by 123john321

that meant I'm not running any more, (anyways, by legs hurt, running can do that to you)
                            if this works I AM RUNNING
                            Attached Files

Comment

Sorry to hear that, 123john321.

Uncontested elections are never good.

And the posting pictures stuff - it took me AGES to figure that out, and only with the help of multiple old hands (who I annoyed quite incessantly for help - thanks guys, if you're reading ).

Minister of WAR, not peace.
                              Presidential Candidate.
                              MrWIA.
                              Consul.

Comment

here the main reason why it would work........ YOU CAN'T GET THE "Graphic Interchange format (*.gif)/JPEG file interchange format (*.jpg, *.jpeg)" crap........ oh well

Comment

Working...
                                X