Elections!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elections!

Yep it's that time again! Elections will be poisted friday the 27th, and last until the last day of the month monday the 30th.

Candidates:
    President:
    123john321
    MrWhereItsAt

Science Advisor:
    Darkness' Edge
    Nimitz
    H Tower

Foreign Advisor:
    James Adams
    hydey

Military Advisor:
    shade

Trade Advisor:
    Matticus

Imperial Expansion/City Planner:
    atawa

Historian:
    Last edited by civman2000; June 25, 2002, 19:55.

Is it already that time? The month is only half over! Shouldn't we wait a week?
    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
    intelligence to few.

Comment

hmmm...well, with the relative inactivity around here, i think we might need all 12 days to get all the candidates...anyways, this might increase activity a bit...

Comment

Hope so. A lot of our citizens seem to have evaporated. Is that Civ3 Democracy Game really any good?
        Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Not really, just a zillion polls and threads.

Comment

Is there something genetic about Vice Presidents that makes them positively frantic to get the election cycle started WAY too early?

That which starts too soon, peaks too soon! I request that you have this thread deleted and wait until June 24th...

not
            Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
            Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
            Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

june 24th?? That gives candidates only 3 days! I think June 22nd would be better

Comment

I'll throw my name in the ring for Foreign Advisor...

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
                  june 24th?? That gives candidates only 3 days! I think June 22nd would be better
                  OK, the 22nd...

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                  Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                  Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                  Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

I'm not going to run for anything this time. I think that it really doesn't matter at this point as long as we have a President. We've essentially already won; all that's left is to finish off the rest of the weakling nations (something that shouldn't be too difficult). I think the only ministers we really need for this turn are Military and President, so even if noone decides to run for most of the positions it probably won't matter very much.
                    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
                    Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                    Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                    Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

I'll also thorw my hat in the ring for Trade Advisor Vote for me! 123john321, I'll make this country sooo rich, being a millionair whould be consider poor!!!! (And yes, I'm begging, please, vote for me, if I lose, the Babrs will break my leg!)
                      Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

ellections now already???

ok...I'll jump back in the game and go for the millitary post(if this one is still needed at the end of this month...)

OK these are my promises:
                        everything that is left standing after this term,I'll make sure we conquer next term

I will be Back

Shade
                        ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                        shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

BTW civman2000, you forgot the thread from before this term: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=51226. This is important, because it means that the two posts are supposed to be combined this term. Please adjust the elections accordingly.
                          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
                          Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                          Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                          Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

I have a bit more time to lend now, but certainly not enough for an in-game position. Is Jrabbit not standing for historian again? I'm pretty good at writing, and pretty imaginative, so maybe I could direct my talents towards that..

I'll quickly write something cool up about this great event to demonstrate my skills..

"On that cold, chilly day, Bear slowly pulled back his hood. He stood in the Capital of his great nation, in the great square where the citizens were gathered. They were from the furthest reaches of the Empire - from tiny towns in the west to the liberated cities of the Egyptians and Americans. The faces looked expectantly up at their great leader, President Cavebear, who stood from the cabinet building on a huge balcony. The cabinet was with him, his vice-President by his side, his Supreme Millitary Commander in all his gold finery. They stood, erect and proud, about to announce another great day for democracy in Apolytonia - the candidate choices for the new Cabinet.

Bear looked up, shivering slightly. He watched the President open a parchment and began to read. He read down the list of cabinet positions, and voices from the crowd shouted out. A scribe recorded their names. Finally, Cavebear came to Historian. Bear stepped forward, pressing through the huddle of people, to a tall, ugly scribe. He announced himself, and his name was taken down.

Democracy had prevailed once again. And a new era had started; for Apolyton and for Bear."

There you go
                            Roar!

Comment

I've had precious little time to write (as many have noted ) as it is, and my July is fully booked. I travel July 4 - 20, and again sstarting July 27.

So I will NOT run for Historian in the coming month.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                              X