No announcement yet.

Victory Type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dunno about you guys,but i usually play multiple games from multiple genres(sp?).not 1 game from 1 genre(sp?)

and we are getting off-topic....
    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay37
      Our war machine seems to be rolling along quite nicely, so I don't see any reason to let up before everyone else is dead.
      I agree. With our Vet Ironclad fleet growing with each turn, and our Musketeers soon to become Riflemen, there is little reason to cease our successful warlike ways.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Kill Kill Kill
        --------------------------------
        Sir Banana

Trade Minister of the Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear

I agree. With our Vet Ironclad fleet growing with each turn, and our Musketeers soon to become Riflemen, there is little reason to cease our successful warlike ways.

Besides, making peace now and building up would make the game kinda

Comment

perhaps cavebear wants to be the leader to bring about total victory?

Sounds good to me
            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

My opinion was still balanced.
              I desagree with those who think it's too late for AC : with our cities and science advance in 1764, we may finish the present wars, make peace, build happiness improvements, disband some units, become a democracy, rehome all the naval units in Shakespeare city... then, increase luxury taxes to generalize WLTPD and grow, grow, grow ... up to a science research level with one discover by turn. the path to spatial conquest is open

But it's true that our config (a powerfull military machine and a lot of not too large cities with few improvements) is turned to continue expension fy force and conquest. No other civ can hope resisting, even if Romans have and exchange gunpower !

The main question is what's more interesting for a demo game ?
              On this point, I'm afraid that micromanaging to optimize science research and monney production involve poor debates, with analysis of each city sceen, ... we'll not need a leader, but a grocery !
              And a demo play should not last for ever, with the risk of sleeping citizens ! (look at the effect of CivIII demo beginning ? )

Conclusion : for the interest of the play and the debates, go to a total victory by conquest of each foreign civ seems the more available choice.
              JCP
              Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Yes finish them quick so we can start again

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cataphract887
                  dunno about you guys,but i usually play multiple games from multiple genres(sp?).not 1 game from 1 genre(sp?)

and we are getting off-topic....
                  Of course, I will respond to the OT note.

The spelling of "genre" as noted in the Cataphract887 post is correct. Well done, sir.

For me, it's pretty much Civ2 and only Civ2. That's all I have time for...
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
                    Well said, Hydey.

JCP's notes re the Civ3 demo game are also true. What a mess over there!
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

perhaps cavebear wants to be the leader to bring about total victory?

Sounds good to me
                      There are only 3 sessions of play left in my term, and I will not be seeking the Presidency after this one. So, I won't be the person who brings us to the conclusion of this game. I've had my fun; it will be time for someone else next month.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

I have an idea, conquer everyone except one city, then change to some high scoring govt and try for a space victory and high points with 0 corruption, war, etc
                        -->Visit CGN!
                        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Yes I agree with Hydey,(IF THATS HIS REAL NAME! And if it is.... I'll feel sorry for him ) oh, my point is that once we kill all the other civs, we should start a new game.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

(sorry, I just want to scream)
                          Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Originally posted by 123john321

Yes I agree with Hydey,(IF THATS HIS REAL NAME! And if it is.... I'll feel sorry for him
                            My real name is Peter Hyde but all my friends have been calling me Hydey since I was 4, my mum still calls me Peter.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                              I have an idea, conquer everyone except one city, then change to some high scoring govt and try for a space victory and high points with 0 corruption, war, etc
                              I'm affraid this will get a bit

Better kill 'm off

Comment

Originally posted by atawa

I'm affraid this will get a bit

Better kill 'm off
                                Have to agree...that's fun to do once or twice in normal game...but in this, it'd be pretty boring...

Comment

Working...
                                X