No announcement yet.

Flags of Apolytonia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need a clear and simple to way for the voters to view the flags, with approriate name-codes (like Mercator-1), so that people can vote with ease.
    Suggestion: I load them on my website, and do the poll necessary. How about that?
    Edit: Heck, ColdWizard already volunteered to do that... Though, if I go for it now, would be lot faster
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

so far there are 12 flags, 6 mercators, 2 kassiopeias, 3 steelehcs, and 1 of mine, though i've started on a 2nd.

as for who does the poll, i don't really care who does it, as long as somebody does.

however, if you do the poll now, none of the noobies (or anyone else) will have a chance to submit a flag. i suggest starting the poll on monday, which will give people the weekend to make some flags if they want.
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard
        however, if you do the poll now, none of the noobies (or anyone else) will have a chance to submit a flag. i suggest starting the poll on monday, which will give people the weekend to make some flags if they want.
        Probably. Besides, I need to convert some flags to GIF-form to reduce taken space, so it'll take time.

So if you have an idea, you have time still at least 48 hours to make it real!
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

btw, i've already converted the 12 current flags to gifs. if you want i can zip 'em up and mail them to you or something

Comment

I had another idea, a better one, at least I think so. However, my computer is kinda messed up, and it wont let me save it as a .gif or .jpg. I'm going to try to convert it, and if I can't do that by sunday, I'll post the .bmp.

Steele
            If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

Comment

Well, it's not much...
              Attached Files

Comment

The first one is the best.

Comment

The first flag looked fine to me. But since other people have gone to some effort to make other ones, we should vote to give full consideration to all the designs.

And, while we may not yet have met anyone to wave a flag at, it sure would be embarrassing to meet someone and not have one. This should be decided by poll soon.
                  Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                  Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                  Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                  Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
                    The first flag looked fine to me. But since other people have gone to some effort to make other ones, we should vote to give full consideration to all the designs.

And, while we may not yet have met anyone to wave a flag at, it sure would be embarrassing to meet someone and not have one. This should be decided by poll soon.
                    Yes, the poll is due Monday. Whether that is Monday GMT, CET or PST, is undetermined.
                    Anyways, I'll use my webspace to img src them to a single thread, it will be a pain to load so those of you with 26.6 modems should be patient.

Comment

Perhaps you could reduce them all to thumbnail size, paste them together in one image, and attach that image to the first post of the poll...
                      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Perhaps you could reduce them all to thumbnail size, paste them together in one image, and attach that image to the first post of the poll...
                        OR we could use this patch-work as our Flag.(that would be an original one)

Shade
                        ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                        shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

my second flag didn't come out well, so only the one submission from me

Comment

I would recommend that the deadline be extended with some, 18 hours, since Apolyton was down...?
                            Also, I would like to withdraw my all submissions and replace them, unless someone objeccts?

Originally posted by Mercator
                            That sounds good, maybe we could add a link that would take to a different page where the flags are in a bigger size? Or we could have the voters to be able to look closer only at the ones they deem worth from the thumbnails?

Originally posted by Shade
                            OR we could use this patch-work as our Flag.(that would be an original one)
                            What about making the patch-work and adding that as an extra option for flag? People can vote for either the patch-work or the single flags.
                            I agree, it would be quite a compromise, and I am sure it will rake up votes.

] Originally posted by ColdWizard
                            my second flag didn't come out well, so only the one submission from me
                            OK.

So, now it is 21:30 GMT, so flag contest deadline at 15:30 GMT.

Oh and ColdWizard, do you have all the flags in .gif? You could zip and email them to me. And if anyone has spare time, you could do the patchwork, I might not be able to do it.
                            Last edited by Kassiopeia; March 4, 2002, 17:43.

Comment

i don't have your email addy, so i'll just attach it
                              Attached Files

Comment

Flags collection

Originally posted by ColdWizard
                                i don't have your email addy, so i'll just attach it
                                I cannot open dgMerc1 to 3.gif fromp the Zip file !
                                JCP
                                Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Working...
                                X