Flags of Apolytonia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kassiopeia
    Btw, the Off-Topic moderator MLeonard has the album cover as his avatar.
    [nostalgia]Ah yes... Those were the days... *sigh* Avatar oh avatar where hast thou gone to (beside the user profiles)? [/nostalgia]

Yes, it could do some refining.

Yep, those flags were rather quickly done anyway...

I'm still waiting for others to make some flag designs, by the way. Or am I the only flag-enthusiast around here?!

And "Apolytonia" sounds just awkward- how about Apollonia?

Or did I come in too late?

I don't think so. The names was a name that popped up several times in the Democracy ideas thread... I assume there should be some kind of vote or at least some more suggestions before the name is settled.
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
      [nostalgia]Ah yes... Those were the days... *sigh* Avatar oh avatar where hast thou gone to (beside the user profiles)? [/nostalgia]
      Woohoooo! No need for nostalgia here ol' chap! My nebula, my beautiful nebula!

I'm still waiting for others to make some flag designs, by the way. Or am I the only flag-enthusiast around here?!
      Now that you mention it, I just might.
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

#3 is the best one (IMHO)
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by kassiopeia
          Woohoooo! No need for nostalgia here ol' chap! My nebula, my beautiful nebula!
          Yay!

... So it seems that #s 3 and 5 are liked best...
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Nice jobs, mercator. But I like mainly #3
            "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
            "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
            The Spanish Civilization Site
            "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

yes, the third one is the best

four and five just don´t look like a country´s flag
              Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
              Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
              miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Excellent work Mercator!

IMHO No3 definitely has the most class. Nice bit of yin yang going on as well.

And, on a personal note, I am shocked that anyone can not be into Pink Floyd. One despairs for the youth of today!

Comment

And, on a personal note, I am shocked that anyone can not be into Pink Floyd. One despairs for the youth of today!
                  I like PF's music, but I'm not "into" it, so to speak.

Now, since I think it will be in everyone's best interest for the flag contest to have at least another flag "artist" (More like schmartist in this case), I present you Flag No 1 by Kass:
                  Attached Files
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

And since I got hidiously bored this morning, No 2. But I personally think Mercator's flags, any of them, are better - consider this just an action to prevent anyone from whining about the flag contest being biased with only one participant etc.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Finally! Someone else making flags!
                      It's really not that hard, just fiddle around with some colours and look for some nice images on the Internet for the fancy details you have in mind.

Well, here's another one

Comment

I am not the world's most creative soul, and I am a terrible artist, but here goes.
                        Attached Files
                        If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

Comment

Again:
                          Attached Files
                          If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

Comment

I forgot to attach the picture this time.
                            Delete this, please.

Steele

Comment

One more time:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Bumped. How come have we not decided on a flag?

Comment

Working...
                                X