'Poly Clock 6 Minutes Off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Poly Clock 6 Minutes Off?

I've noticed that the 'Poly clock seems to be about 6 minutes slow compared to all the other clocks I find anywhere (computer, news, etc.). Does anyone else find this to be the case?

Yep.
    The time now is 10:05 PM.

And my computer clock says 10:12.

Comment

It's about 7 minutes behind US atomic time, which my clock recieves via radio signal.
      Lime roots and treachery!
      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

EDIT: Poly says this was posted at 6:15pm NZDT, whereas my clock at the same time was 6:22pm NZDT

Comment

Same here.

There should be some free utility that syncrhonsis the servers clock with an atomic clock somewhere on the net...
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Well then, it seems to be decided...

C'mon Markos, the world speaks in once voice at last! We demand the correct time!

Comment

The whole site was abducted by aliens for six minutes. Probes were inserted into Ming, but the alien scientists were baffled by what they found.
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Mark just tries to create the illusion that it is earlier then you thought it was, standard bar practise
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Get a life you losers, within 1/2 an hour will be ok with me Mark.
                  The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                    Mark just tries to create the illusion that it is earlier then you thought it was, standard bar practise
                    UK bars and pubs don't have clocks.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Markos/Dan, why don't you simply install an ntp client to satisfy all those time fetishists here?

Comment

Does anyone actually use the 'Poly time for anything other than a cursory check of what time zone a poster is in?

Comment

why don't you simply install an ntp client to satisfy all those time fetishists here?
                          cause it would breake the illusion that as the clock is not 100% certain right you probably have a chance that you have the time for one more post
                          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I've noticed at work, that when it is time to leave, I tend to stay a few minutes over because of 'poly time.

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Maybe the greeks have their own time zone which is 6 minutes off from every other known time zone.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X