Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Java chat trouble

Not sure if this was posted.

When I tried Java chat the RTE came back with a message about signer of some of the bits does not match the rest.

java.lang.SecurityException: class "Ident"s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Well Marcos?
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

I get that too, and can't use the chatroom as a consequence.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Re: Java chat trouble

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
        Not sure if this was posted.
        Actual there are two threads in this forum already. Unfortunatly no reply from Marcos so far. And I can't use the java chat room, either.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

i asked about this a while ago and never got a response

I've gotten it to work to 2 out of the 12 different computers I tried it on. or 1 out of 6 different kinds of computers I tried it on. I believe it was an old IBM p2 lab that got the java chat client to work.

Comment

just use mIRC or other such client
            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

mIrc is unavailable in the computer labs on campus

Comment

unavailable meaning you can't install anything?

Comment

Most computer labs won't let you install any software.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

the one i worked at did, but it was a small school and it was a while ago.

perhaps those that can't get in with the java chat can take small solace in there's generally not a lot going on in the chat aside from slappings, incoherent ramblings and the occasional funny link

Comment

the computers at my school erase everything new you put on their c: drives. lucky for me, we have our own personal drives on the network and i was able to install opera. meaning i'll never have to use IE again

Comment

I had this bug when I installed the Java SDK and it took over my IE's default behaviour. To get it working I had to revert to the Microsoft Virtual Machine again. This suggests it might be either a problem with the MS VM, or dependant on which version of Java you have.

Comment

You can select the JRE to be either the default JVM or not. Besides, I don't use IE, so that's not a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard
                            just use mIRC or other such client
                            But that's such a bother

Besides, I don't want to stick IRC clients on all the computers I use to access 'Poly.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                              But that's such a bother

Besides, I don't want to stick IRC clients on all the computers I use to access 'Poly.
                              I must agree here and as H Tower already pointed out that isn't possible on every computer Apolytoners could use.

So Marcos when you fix this M$-Bug, I don't believe that newer Java versions aren't backwards compartible.

-Martin
                              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
                              X