No announcement yet.

Java chat trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It works fine with old versions of JVM, but that isn't a solution because I actively use the newer version of JVM.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

How old?1.2 or before?
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Default Win98 version, whatever that is.
        I don't have access to the machine to check the version number though.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
          It works fine with old versions of JVM, but that isn't a solution because I actively use the newer version of JVM.
          For me it isn't a solution, either. I need the java compiler and I don't deinstall the whole pack to end up with some old java plugin for my browsers. Well but it looks that I should get a new Java anyway as I have version 1.4.0 and that should be a little bit buggy.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

It is very difficuilt to post a reply, isn't it, Marcos.

-Martin

Comment

I asked him (in the chat) if he'd seen this thread, to which he replied, "please refer to my previous statement ". When I asked where the previous comment was, his reply was the same but with two s

I can only speculate that he's commented on this issue before, but if so, I'm unable to see where he did so.
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Yeah this is a problem, I don't know were I could find his previous statement and I doubt that the search function help. I used it tody with words that should give me a result. Well I found a word that gave me a result but that was one of three words. In that case I keep this thread bumping until I get my reply.

-Martin

Comment

Talking about Markos' previous statement, well a statement that doesn't sound like a long explantion, so that reposting it would be much shorter then posting a link. I mean the original statement not one of his many previous statements.

-Martin

Comment

H Tower started a thread on the subject a couple of months ago... maybe he posted there?

Comment

that would be this one, and Markos didn't post in it

Comment

It would be easier if people would use proper IRC client programs to connect to the #apolyton IRC channel.
                        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

yeah, but uni people can't always install things on uni computers

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard
                            yeah, but uni people can't always install things on uni computers
                            Yes and in addition I think if Apolyton does offer such a thing then it has to work, especially on uni machines with the latest java by Sun installed.

-Martin

PS: Markos I am still expecting your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                              PS: Markos I am still expecting your answer.
                              Markos???????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????

-Martin

Comment

Martin:

"Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Working...
                                X