No announcement yet.

Finnish Apolytoner summit 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patriqvium, Isosaari? I know that there were some chinese prisoners then working, I remember seeing one chinese grave there when I was 'camping'. But I'm not sure if this is what you mean?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka

The other one is maybe even better, rent a bus, cruise downtown area all the time while drinking. Let's get beer tabs and all that, no bottles. Remove the seats, seats only in the back. Also sound system must be upgraded. Then we go pick up girls from bus stops, someone must kick out all the old ones and males, so only pretty girls can get in. And when they notice it's not where they wanted to come.. ducktape. Then we drive to the country side when enough girls.. and 'sorry.. no gas, doors wont open'. I reckon some of us could be getting lucky.
      You mean Finland actually has good looking girls? o_O

Comment

So far proposed: Suomenlinna and Isosaari(?). We need more good suggestions. What about Seurasaari?

Frozzy,

of course we have.
        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Ras: what about my suggestion? wouldn't gig at Tavastia be cool or what! Kassiopeia and Stefu could be quest stars for the band. Kass could cover some Finteligens (Kellareiden Kasvatit) and Stefu could cover some limb bizkit. (don't know what stefu looks like, but I have allways tought that he looks something like Fred Durst of limb bizkit.)
          My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

I second that suggestion.
            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Frozzy, sure, but they have attitude problems.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Okay, I suggest that we bring up this issue again when we get closer to the summer, but is Helsinki agreed now? And what about the timing?

Comment

At night, so the word is weird.

Lot'sa bananas too.

I'd vote for Piippola, it's the center of our beaut. country.
                  I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

(don't know what stefu looks like, but I have allways tought that he looks something like Fred Durst of limb bizkit.)
                    'da hell?
                    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Stefu looks like Fred Durst? No way
                      Stefu looks more like an alien or something
                      In da butt.

Comment

With moist hands.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Is Tampere totally out of the question? I don't like Helsinki

Geeky approach would be to get everyones coordinates and calculate the optimal meeting point.
                          "In some of its more lunatic aspects, political correctness is merely ridiculous. But in the thinking behind it, there is something more sinister which is shown by the fact that already there are certain areas and topics where freedom of speech, in the sense of the right to open and frank discussion, is being gradually but significantly eroded." -- Judge Neil Denison

Comment

Dammit, Tampere is better as Stefu and Ignorance say. Grrr... Get here you lousy bastards. Grrr...

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni

You need a portable basement...

Maybe a nice cardboard box leftover from a refrigerator? Light, sturdy and portable.
                              Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Pekka!
                                A suggestion for you:
                                I doubt all of the Finns will agree with your plans, and they probably want to have this nice nerdy meeting with soda and sliced bread. BUT! Why don't WE, you, I, and Andemagne (possibly others, if interested ) hold a private-meeting! That bus-idea seems quite good, but I'm sure that if we bonk our wise heads together we'll figure out something even more fun - beer, chicks and rock'n'roll

Of course, this doesn't mean we wouldn't attend to that "other" meeting, also
                                Tampere and Hellsinki both suit me fine.
                                You make my life and times
                                A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

Working...
                                X