Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta love Germany :)

From the Civ3 page:
    (20 November 2002, 00:06 | Civ3) In the latest in a string of price changes and hot on the heels of an Infogrames Germany (IG-DE) announcement [see related story], Amazon Germany (AG) has lowered their price of the Civilization III: Play The World expansion pack from €35.99 to €35.99. (bolding is mine, Hueij)

I bet PtW will be a blockbuster in Germany whith this price change
    Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
    And notifying the next of kin
    Once again...

Very funny thing about Germany but the game was announced with a price of €29.99 and now the price has gone up to 35.99€. I would have bought the game for the initial price although it would be on the limit of my financial "patience". Now I will just wait for the price to drop before I buy it.

Now with the price already dropping by 0 € I might have to wait a while

So long...
    Last edited by The Pioneer; November 20, 2002, 08:49.
    Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
    Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
    Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Nice price-drop! I wonder how they can afford to chop a whole €0 off the price and still make a profit?
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

The next step? They will drop the price even more, from 35.99 to 35.99!

Well, Markos will fix it, I guess.
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Awww shuchks.... I allready got one with 35.99... should I complain?

(who am I kidding, I don't have it yet... )
          I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

(+1)

Comment

At least it wasn't a price hike.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

MP should have been included with the game nonetheless, so we should be having to pay €0 for that feature!
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

My apologies for not catching the error in the story myself, folks. It has been corrected. As you can probably tell from our news archive, it's been a prolific month for news already...

If you were understandably confused by the story contents at the time, though, our sidebar with the price listings would have clarified the situation...

---------------
                  Dan; Apolyton CS
                  PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                  >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
                    My apologies for not catching the error in the story myself, folks. It has been corrected. As you can probably tell from our news archive, it's been a prolific month for news already...

If you were understandably confused by the story contents at the time, though, our sidebar with the price listings would have clarified the situation...

---------------
                    Dan; Apolyton CS

I don't think anyone was confused, it's just a good way to get a +1.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

no one would just submit a reply to get +1
                      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                      Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Speak for yourself.
                        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
                          Speak for yourself.
                          you mean you would
                          Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                          Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by panag
                            hi ,

there are some shops who are asking 45.95 for it , ......
                            "pre-sale"

have a nice day

Now that's pure greed! I wouldn't be buying at that price, I wouldn't be paying a dime above 30€

So long...
                            Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                            Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                            Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Working...
                            X