Random guy on my ignore list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random guy on my ignore list

I am ignoring Joseph1944, but I am spectacularly sure I haven't attempted to ignore anyone..........what gives?

It's a common bug. There has been several threads about it in the A/C forum.

The 2 most likely explanations.

1. The message was posted before the upgrade to vBulletin. Some old messages that were actually posted with old UBB can cause that the poster is shown as he would be ignored by you.

2. The account isn't necessarily the same anymore. It may have been deleted or the account has been recreated with a new account code. Messages that are sent by users that are now recognised as guests are marked as ignored. This has to do with the 2 reasons I mentioned.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Ok, thanks.

Comment

Funny thing is the site claimed that I had Dan on my ignore list! I said to myself when did I do that. Then I checked my ignore list , it was the bug.

So long...
        Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
        Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
        Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

The sad thing is because he is a mod I can't put Rasbelin on my ignore list.
          (+1)

Comment

Re: Random guy on my ignore list

Originally posted by DrSpike
            I am ignoring Joseph1944, but I am spectacularly sure I haven't attempted to ignore anyone..........what gives?

I have apparently put him on my ignore list also.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I don't ignore anyone.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Taz
                Does this apply to staff members or just moderators? Quick, someone try to ignore me; I'm curious.

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay37

Does this apply to staff members or just moderators? Quick, someone try to ignore me; I'm curious.
                  Yes, you were on my ignore list.

ACK!

Comment

That is worrying that we cannot ignore Rasbelin. Or Finland for that matter
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Taz

you two are still sniping at each other?
                      Last edited by H Tower; November 19, 2002, 23:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz
                        Why not? I just did. Worked too. I'll most likely remove him though. I don't usually ignore anyone, except for one guy once...
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

Why not? I just did. Worked too. I'll most likely remove him though. I don't usually ignore anyone, except for one guy once...

I wonder who that could have been...........

ACK!

Comment

Not who most would expect...
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

By the way, if you do ignore me, don't forget to take me off your ignore list...

Comment

Working...
                              X