This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1000 times as proud
    so if Laz is proud 1 time and was hurt by my attitude and did what he did, what should my 1000 times bigger reaction should be?
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Mingapulco?
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

so if Laz is proud 1 time and was hurt by my attitude and did what he did, what should my 1000 times bigger reaction should be?

God should be 1000.....000000......000 times as proud as you for creating this universe, you have sinned against him, what did God do? He wants to forgive you!

What should you do? Forgive Lazarus!

Never ever say something like that against a christian
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

first of all, i'm only human

second,
          it's a common phrase in greek: sin confessed, is not a sin
          and laz has not confessed his sin, yet
          i want to forgive too

Comment

Let's rewind this again, shall we? Column fails to appear. I post a query. Now pay very careful attention to this part, Markos, because it's crucial. OK? Are you listening?

I DIDN'T SEND YOU A PM BECAUSE BITTER EXPERIENCE HAS PROVED THAT IT'S USUALLY A WASTE OF TIME.

Examples? On two occasions I've had problems with my user account and have had to resort to begging PM's to try to get it fixed. Dan (bless him) is as lovely as ever, even if he's clearly pushed for time. Ming (bless him) is ever helpful despite being a very busy man. You = stony silence over the weeks I was experiencing trouble.

So I posted the query in public. The other reason why I posted it in public is that I knew other people were waiting, so I thought I'd get some news for everyone. Weren't you helpful, Markos? A four-letter response that was firmly from the "can't be bothered" school of communications. So you let others do the talking instead.

Fine. That was some info at least, even if you weren't going to sully yourself by passing it on yourself. Look how helpful Dan was, incidentally.

Then it all goes quiet for another few weeks. I bump the thread (politely). Nada. Then I bump it again (note it was bumped twice. Not once). Nada.

So I think "OK. I'll post it while it still has some semblance of topical relevance". What a crime, Markos. Unforgiveable, isn't it? Still, I was perfectly happy.

At that point, everyone could have been happy with things as they were. Then you pounce. Let me reassure you that the fact that you edited the thread title yourself, but insisted on me editing the header myself, did not come across as a principled act of magnanimity. It looked like you rubbing my nose in it. Hence my terse comments.

Why the hell did you feel so threatened, Markos? I thought I was saving you a job, but instead you made me feel like a leper at a swingers party. What harm did I do? Then you came out with that "I'm too busy" line, despite the fact that your co-administrators are unfailingly polite despite (presumably) being equally busy.

So there you have it. If you're going to play the martyr, do so in the absolute certainty that if your motives were as angelic as you now profess, you totally failed to get the message across. Be also fully aware that you left me deeply pissed off. And if you now want forgiveness, try coupling it with an apology.
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Post summary (for the busy).

Uniquely among the Apolyton admin, you manage to leave me feeling that my attempts to add value to your site are simply an unwelcome burden- and I'm frankly fed up with it. Wild horses wouldn't drag me into submitting anything in an "official" format to this site again.

Comment

Incidentally, would someone give Rasbelin another title, please? If his sycophancy becomes any greater it'll become visible from outer space.

"Mini-me" would be a good one.

Comment

So I think "OK. I'll post it while it still has some semblance of topical relevance". What a crime, Markos.
                  who said that posting the article was the "crime"? did i ask you to remove the article? nope, i asked for something else...

if you're going to answer, answer on the actual issue....

Comment

Using the next available column number? As I said- I thought I was doing you a favour. I thought it would just hang around a bit then quietly disappear.

And that's what made you descend from the ivory tower. How pointless can you get?

Comment

I thought I was doing you a favour.

i find it hard to believe when you continue with the sarcasm and the insults(which i have not returned)

Comment

I think that Laz did think he was doing you a favor...

I also think that MarkG was just protecting the intregity of the Columns...

This is just a misunderstanding that has gotten out of hand, and I think you should both kiss and make up.

Well... maybe not kiss
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

maybe not kiss

i hereby apologize for my inefficiency to serve every civer on earth in the most godly possible way

Comment

Try it with at least an attempt at sincerity, or don't try it at all.

Comment

i guess you dont have to say anything else then

oh well....

Comment

Oh for Christ's sake, Markos. Do I look like I just fell off the Christmas tree? That wasn't even an attempt at reconciliation- it was just yet another brush-off.

I'm frankly staggered that you felt so threatened by the use of a column number, and yes- I genuinely and whole-heartedly apologise for any distress that caused you. However that fact remains that you appear to consider working with people to be an inconvenience and if your intentions are as good as you say then your communication skills are letting you down badly.

Now try proving me wrong. This is like pulling teeth.

Comment

Working...
                                X