Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good god, first you (partially) apologize then you challenge me??

i'm sorry if my inability to serve you personally in the best possible way hurt your feelings but perhaps you should start thinking about other people's feelings as well (especially when they dont call you names)
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

At the risk of going extremely off topic.......

Laz--
      What a wonderful and creative piece of work!! Thanks for the effort. Have you used Civ in the classroom yet?? How did it go?? And isn't it amazing how Civ is so pertinent to real life?!

It was nearly forty years ago that I was first exposed to Maslow. Dude seemed brilliant even then. Also forty years ago, there was a little group called Buffalo Springfield (hope my memory hasn't failed) who had a song with the lyric, "nobody's right if everybody's wrong." That also still seems brilliant.

Can't everybody please take a pill or something.......

This is the Monk wondering if the last four pages have been the supreme thread-jack of all time. It really is a great "column".
      so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

It's an adaptation of a old counselling technique- break it down, then build it up stronger. Without the forceful tactics I would have been too easy to ignore.

I never stopped thinking about your feelings, though probably not in the way you'd hope. Take heart, though. If it makes you think about handling enquiries in the future then it might just prove a useful experience.

Sorry, incidentally.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody Monk
          At the risk of going extremely off topic.......

Laz--
          What a wonderful and creative piece of work!! Thanks for the effort. Have you used Civ in the classroom yet?? How did it go?? And isn't it amazing how Civ is so pertinent to real life?!
          I have, and it worked well. I always try to use a creative and "fun" approach to training because it gets the best results.

My next challenge is to try something similar with other behaviourist theories.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
            However that fact remains that you appear to consider working with people to be an inconvenience and if your intentions are as good as you say then your communication skills are letting you down badly.

Now try proving me wrong. This is like pulling teeth.

Working with people an inconvenience?

Obviously true, I mean what does he do to maintain this site for 24000 OTHER people that are just as high a priority as you are?

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Tuberski- much as I'd love to backtrack several steps, I think I'll let that one pass. There's a tentative peace in the air and I've no wish to spoil it through a serious of posts that would probably turn acrimonious. You'll just have to trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                Tuberski- much as I'd love to backtrack several steps, I think I'll let that one pass. There's a tentative peace in the air and I've no wish to spoil it through a serious of posts that would probably turn acrimonious. You'll just have to trust me.
                Spoilsport.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                  first of all, i'm only human
                  HOLY S***! Who knew!?,, Damn another illusion shattered. F***it, I gonna have some whiskey.
                  Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                  Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                  "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                  From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

You should be aware that Emperor Markos has bigger turkeys to shoot. Damn, should I say pheasants
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• What a crap thread!

Well at least Laz managed to get some of that anger out of his system this week also, and as a bonus taking pop shots at every poster who didn't post in complete accordance with his whiny rants in the process.

Hopefully this release of build-up tension and aggression would make for a good weekend for his immediate surroundings. I'm sure they're quite happy about that.

Comment

• Aw, bless. It's so heartening when people nursing grudges come out to play, ain't it?

Did I hurt your feelings, Winston?

Comment

• No, I just don't like the way you behave.

Comment

• I think it's a shame that all this senseless bickering over one admin action is really bringing down Laz's great column .

Markos is human Next I'll hear that Infrogrammes gives money to the poor in Africa.

Comment

• I would have read Winston's post, if it weren't for the fact that I choked whilst finding myself agreeing with (the first line of) it.

What a crap thread. Apart from the first post of course.
                              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• The issue about admin action is all settled, Redbull. The only subsequent whitterings you'll see on the matter are from opportunists out for minor retribution. Not that I'm objecting in the slightest- there's a basic futility to taking a pop at someone who enjoys a fight.

Comment

Working...
                                X