Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

emperor or prince?
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by zulu9812
      It'd be cool if you could specify your own title after however many posts at Deity...
      Except that for most posters it would take the rest of the decade to reach even Deity.
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia

Except that for most posters it would take the rest of the decade to reach even Deity.
        I made it to Prince in about 4/5 months. So by useing that, I should be Deity in 20 years.
        I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

The sad thing is that many deities and near-deities have lost thousands of posts- without the PCRs they would dwarf others posts- and if OT posts counted, PH might still be a deity I think he's lost around 10K... and Mao lost about 2K... AH has lost millions

MarkG and Ming never received any pcrs...
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

MarkG and Ming never received any pcrs...
            Gee, what a surprise . . .

I've seen forums that let you specify titles, but I like the default ones too. There's only so many things I can think of to go with "Prince", but I'm getting close to King now.
            Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President

Gee, what a surprise . . .

I've seen forums that let you specify titles, but I like the default ones too. There's only so many things I can think of to go with "Prince", but I'm getting close to King now.
              Such as the generic: "Formaly known as..." ?

I don't go into the OT forums, because I'll be tempted to waist valuable post counts.

I made myself a quick fix for my custom tital. I think it works.
              I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Some other neat titles:
                Geek Emperor of Dune
                Geek Protector of SLeague
                Geekbeard
                Geekissimus
                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Geekissimus fits your right...
                  "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                  Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                  Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                  Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

You know, having a special title at least makes you forget about thinking "So when do I get the next level"?

Immortal Wombat is almost Emperor level now, but be a Prince forever.
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                      emperor or prince?
                      Nah, stay Prince...it's what makes you special

Comment

BTW, I just counted that if I am to keep my current posting rate, I'll be a Deity towards the end of 2005. However, I'm sometimes posting 40 posts per day, and am posting more in the recent months, so actually I'll probably be a god in some 2 years .

Comment

In the future, everybody will be god for 15 minutes...

(I don't mind my current title... I just would like to change my username).
                          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President
                            When you reach King, may I recommend the location Tut.
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Vel looks very nice now, "Moderator of Candle'Bre" .

Comment

Originally posted by Thrawn05

I made it to Prince in about 4/5 months. So by useing that, I should be Deity in 20 years.
                                Let's see... 1500 posts in one year. One more and I'm Emperor. That means about six more years for Deity... 2008 would be nice.
                                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Working...
                                X