Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More pop-ups, zero banners. Would you do it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also would not mind giving the new style a try. I have a bad connection and if the pages could load faster it would be easier for me. Why not?
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Uhm Markos, the only valid point about banners you say is loading times, but it's only an issue with modem (get a better connection there), and I'm a cable user.

Page space? Bah, on 800x600 anyway .

I would try it, 2 popups per day don't matter much. And BTW, yes, I think 15 hours is enough here per day, no?
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

it's only an issue with modem (get a better connection there), and I'm a cable user
        that hasnt stoped you from have speed issues
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I really don't care about banners, as long as they're on the top and on the bottom.

And about downloading speed............
          uh..... get a good connection. (or put pictures off)

I would never use a version with more pop-ups.
          Pop-ups are the surfer's nightmare.
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Hmmmm...
            banners that slow loading times and more on a page, or 2 pop up ads in a 15 hour time frame...

As much as I also think pop up ads are the spawn of the devil and shouldn't be allowed on the internet... In this case, I don't think 2 pop up ads in 15 hours is bad at all. So for once, I vote for the pop up ads.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Tell me, how much do you make off the Amazon sales? (I will probably buy either NWN or AOW2 soon, might as well give something to Apolyton in the process, no?)
              "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
              -Joan Robinson

Comment

Ming, you didn't vote on the poll, you should then vote Yes .
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Unless he voted for the "try" it option.
                  "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                  -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis
                    Unless he voted for the "try" it option.
                    Exactly... There is no way I could vote yes to pop up ads... shudder... But I'm willing to give it a try. If they are as infrequent as MarkG suggests... I think it would be better than those stupid banners (with the exception of the Bush Banner )
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I didn't vote, so don't put those neese away yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis
                        Tell me, how much do you make off the Amazon sales? (I will probably buy either NWN or AOW2 soon, might as well give something to Apolyton in the process, no?)
                        Mark told me he makes more off Chips&Bits than Amazon, if that is an option for you.
                        What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Comment

I'd give it a try.

People who don't want this new style can just ignore it.

Comment

I would give it a try. If you can choose between a style with banners and no pop-up and a style with no banners, but pop-ups, everybody could choose whatever he/she prefered.

Comment

Can we have a style with bananas instead of banners?
                              -Joan Robinson

Comment

don't make it the forum default option though
                                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                                X