No announcement yet.

Firaxis new secret 3D project? Mark! Find out what! :doitnow!:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You just dreamed, while I didn't, I just said they're planning to make it . But Markos, what was the last time you played Civ?
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
      But Markos, what was the last time you played Civ?
      yesterday

any ideas on invading 2 allied civs that cover the entire area of europe, asia and africa? they have railroads everywhere meaning they can mass-move troops anywhere needed
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

OMG!
        MarkG just wrote 25 lines of spam!

Gosh, I think it's the first time I get into the "credits" at something here on Apolyton! Thanks!

Anyway, could it be that Firaxis wants to recover the Dinosaurs project?
        "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
        Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
        Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
        Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot
          OMG!
          MarkG just wrote 25 lines of spam!
          are calling MarkG's facts-based statements, spam?

Gosh, I think it's the first time I get into the "credits" at something here on Apolyton! Thanks!
          you can put it in your CV you know

Comment

hi ,

btw , guys , a guy from infog , ... says that they are doing some research on a project that would need a 64 graphics card , ..... , but he keeps his lips sealed , ....

have a nice day
            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Wow Markos, you played Civ yesterday? Lucky man. Losing at chieftain, I guess ?
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                you can put it in your CV you know
                Sig test!

Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

No useful information from my normal research sweep...
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I guess it's time to start the Second Book of NIM. This can go in the prologue, which I'm thinking of calling "Neon Genesis Centauri."
                    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Speculation

Ok, apart from SMAC2, what else could it be?

Priates 2
                      Colonization 2
                      Dinosaurs (at last)

Or some completely new game we don't know about and probably haven't though of?
                      Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
                      Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                        yesterday

any ideas on invading 2 allied civs that cover the entire area of europe, asia and africa? they have railroads everywhere meaning they can mass-move troops anywhere needed
                        spend some time in the strat forum. You might learn to play above Prince level.

Comment

i hope it's smac2, but i think it's Pirates 2, which i also good, since i missed the first one

If it was Dinosaurs i don't think they would keep it a secret, since we already know about it.
                          <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                          Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Pirates 2? In full 3D? I don't think so.

Actually, I had this dream about a civ game that would mix traditional 2D gameplay with a special 3D mode, whereby the player would be allowed to wander around his cities, hearing what the people have to say and watching riots and revolts on the streets, or presiding the We Love the King Day parades.

What is the usefulness of such a thing, you might ask. Fluff, my friend, fluff.
                            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

We would have heard by now if it's Pirates 2 since the license would have to be aquired.
                              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

pirates was published by microprose(owned by hasbro interactive(owned by infogrames))

license issues solved

Comment

Working...
                                X