• Time
  • Show
Clear All

we never announce such actions in public
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Is it called conspiration or desparation, I can't remember?
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I would like to see them do someting new, although I do note that the original Pirates! team is largely intact.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I miss the SidGames ring of spies. We didn't have anyone inside Firaxis, but we did have a good bit of publisher beaurocrats and marketers..
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

If it is SMAC2 in full 3D, would the map file format be significantly different? If so, might they release an explanation, in detail, of the map file format for SMAC/X, if someone asked politely?
            I would so much like to be able to hand-code a map's starting elevations (I have a file editor that allows decimal and/or hex insertion/replacement).
            All the other terrain is simply dropped in place. It is just impossible to get each space's elevation exactly where I want it. The best I get is somewhere in each of the seven levels (Ocean Trench, Ocean, Ocean Shelf, then Land Levels One, Two, Three, and Four. And way too often it ends up x+10, where x is the bottom of the level's range.
            Reference thread: Format of the AC map files. (August 11, 2001.) In there, purplemooseman exposed some of it, but not enough, and there was no reply to my inquiry.
            I don't want to steal anybody's program, I just want to make some specific maps
            I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Sid is a wussy. Has he ever OCCed?

Comment

If it is Pirates 2 , then they will have to go head to head with Akella's upcoming Sea Dogs 2. Maybe it's not even a 3d title they are working on - it could be 3d work integrated into an otherwise 'flat' game, remember the voxels from SMAC ?
                Every positive value has it's price in negative terms - the genius of Einstein leads to Hiroshima.
                ---Pablo Picasso.

Comment

I hope it's pirates 2
                  No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Working...
                  X