X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firaxis new secret 3D project? Mark! Find out what! :doitnow!:

I was wasting my time at Gamasutra and found this in the Jobs Section:

3D Game Programmers

Be the driving force behind the 3D graphics on Sid Meier’s team in one of our secret titles as it emerges from experimental prototype into full development. This 3D position demands an industry veteran to develop the exciting look and feel our games require.

The ideal candidate will have strong 3D engine knowledge and experience as well as the creativity and research skills to see and invent that which does not yet exist. This is a lead role with overall responsibility for the 3D graphics of the title and will work closely with our tools group to extend and adapt our NetImmerse™ based game engine to the specific needs of the game.

Programming Qualifications

4+ years C/C++ programming in a professional environment

Full working knowledge of Direct X 8.1

Experience working with Microsoft Visual Studio

Experience developing on the Windows platform using the Win32 SDK

General Qualifications

BS or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics or related field

Solid 3D engine knowledge and experience in the game industry

Strong Math Background

Ability to explain quaternions and Euler angles to management types

We are seeking self-starters that thrive on team work, a constant challenge, and the pressure of deadlines. We offer a studio-based working environment, competitive pay and excellent benefits. (No cyber positions available!)

So, what's their next project?
    Make an interview! Make some blackmail! But Apolytoners need to know!!!

Please?
    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

You got to ask the Jewish guys for it . I've just contacted some people, and an Israeli spy-plane is being sent to Firaxis HQ.

It's SMAC 2, about which I've been speaking for about 8 months now.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

3D SMAC2?

/me drools on keyboard

Start the rumours now!
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Uhh, I'll still stick to Civ 3.

Comment

Yes. Seems Sid is finally interested in doing a sequel for a game with his name on it.
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

We need Markos to apply, so that he sends up reports .

Well, it's a real shame Sid didn't work on Civ 3. If he did, the game would be almost perfect. However, this might really be something that Sid will work on.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
              I've never heard anything from you about it, though...

Anyway, we want to know details!
              "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
              Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
              Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
              Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

I never said there is a SMAC 2 game I'm developing, Zealot, and you never asked either .

Comment

SimGolf 3D
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

it's also here
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Oh mighty Markos, tell us what is it.

Comment

Comment

Hehe, you better had mentioned me. Remember me 8 months ago in the staff room screaming there's SMAC 2?

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                            You got to ask the Jewish guys for it . I've just contacted some people, and an Israeli spy-plane is being sent to Firaxis HQ.

hi ,

spy-plane shot down when crossing international border , ....

US government say's , its friendly fire , ........

allright , there has been some talk on a Japanese site , ...mainly fed by a couple people from Hong-kong , they have been in the gaming news "gossip" for years , ....

sometimes they are wrong , sometimes not , ....

there is talk that civ4 shall be more like a one person game , the player(s) would walk the game , ....like a shooter , but way more complicated .
                            there has been talk since about feb of this year about SMAC 2 .
                            there has been talk about a total different way of civ3 .

a whole load about things , but no-one can really tell for sure , .....

anyway , the above are only talk's , ........;

have a nice day
                            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

ha! i dreamed of playing smac2 with a 32-bit 3d engine 2 years ago!

Comment

Working...
                              X