Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

what
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

?

Comment

A Programmer and an Engineer are sitting next to each other on a long flight from LA to NY. The Programmer leans over to the Engineer and asks if he would like to play a fun game. The Engineer just wants to take a nap, so he politely declines and rolls over to the window to catch a few winks.

The Programmer persists and explains that the game is real easy and a lotta fun. He explains "I ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer, you pay me $5. Then you ask me a question, and if I don't know the answer, I'll pay you $5.11. Again, the Engineer politely declines and tries to get to sleep. The Programmer, now some what agitated, says, "OK, if you don't know the answer you pay me $5, and if I don't know the answer, I'll pay you $50! This catches the Engineer's attention, and he sees no end to this torment unless he plays, so he agrees to the game. The Programmer asks the first question. "What's the distance from the earth to the moon?" The Engineer doesn't say a word, but reaches into his wallet, pulls out a five dollar bill and hands it to the Programmer. Now, it's the Engineer's turn. He asks the Programmer "Why won't Markos give Leo a db?"

The Programmer looks up at him with a puzzled look. He takes out his laptop computer and searches all of his references. He taps into the Airphone with his modem and searches the net and the Library of Congress. Frustrated, he sends e-mail to his co-workers -- all to no avail. After about an hour, he wakes the Engineer and hands him $50. The Engineer politely takes the $50 and turns away to try to get back to sleep. The Programmer, more than a little miffed, shakes the Engineer and asks "Well, so what's the answer?"

Without a word, the Engineer reaches into his wallet, hands the Programmer $5, and turns away to get back to sleep.
          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Comment

'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
              - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

LMAO@Leo!

The seas will rise. The Earth will tremble. The heavens will fall.
                Prevent the Apocalypse. Give Leo the db.

Comment

With light heart, Emily
                  Washes herself in water from a well;
                  How she performed that rite, I dare not tell,
                  Unless it be in a most general way;
                  And yet it be fun to hear it all.
                  For men of goodwill, such things are no harm;
                  -Geoffrey Chaucer
                  Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Nice poetry, but, St Leo, isn't that abit more like...?

Comment

no, because he started the thread and can do anything he likes in it, unless its offensive to other posters. (like using ming's copyrighted pictures )

Comment

AFAIK he still can't mess around as he wants, as we do have rules on Poly.

Who said that picture is made by Ming? Nobody. Actually I made it. Can be found in the picture thread too.

Touché!

Comment

P.S. I doubt that any of us have paid to the copyright holder of Flash Gordon. Or has aaglo really paid King Features Syndicate a lump sum for that comic?

Comment

well, St. Leo can do just about anything he wants in this thread because Markos is ignoring his request, so he also has to ignore this thread too

Comment

Maybe Markos is ignoring Leo and letting this thread live because he's enjoying the quality of the spam that it contains...
                              'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                              - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Case,

that's what I call intuitive thinking! Should we award you with the title Poly Thinker of the Week?

Comment

Working...
                                X