Äre you 1££7 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chowlett
    Haven't seen him recently. What was his name again?
    I-iZ-1337

Also known as IronicWarrior19 on Civfanatics (before they perm banned him)
    "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
    "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

He made his latest post about two weeks ago according to his profile.
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Maybe he's cowered off. I wouldn't be surprised considering the bad reception he got from scores of people when he first posted. Its like nobody paid attention to what was being said beneath the gibberish he was posting.
        "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
        "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
        "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Well, it IS very hard to try to dechifer something that looks like it´s written with the Wing Dings font

If people can´t understand you, then it doesn´t matter how insightful and witty your posts are.

But then again 1337 is by definition the very opposite of insightful and witty...

Comment

Desperate nerd wannabe-hackers.

popular with the ladies, i'm sure
            Talent Optional

Comment

Originally posted by Kamrat X
              Well, it IS very hard to try to dechifer something that looks like it´s written with the Wing Dings font

If people can´t understand you, then it doesn´t matter how insightful and witty your posts are.

But then again 1337 is by definition the very opposite of insightful and witty...
              You need a very large bag of insight and wit to make slogging through that garbage worth while ...

SG[1]
              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

and ... completely on topic ... I just got the following cookie (forgive me if I get it slightly wrong - this is from memory):

data (n) Computerspeak for information, properly pronounced how Bostonians pronounce the word for a female child

Will someone from across the pond please translate ...

SG[1]

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits

You need a very large bag of insight and wit to make slogging through that garbage worth while ...

SG[1]
                  No to mention a BIG bottle of Prozac...

Comment

"No it isn't - there's a domain name seller there now."

Don't you get it, Chowlett? The seller wants to sell the 1337.co.uk domain! Fool thinks 1337z have money!!!

My name is really ©°º¹ in 1337-speak: §†®ª¥ßº\/\/

Beat that, Yuo F4Gz!
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Amurkin dialekts

I can help SG. I have a talent for translating American accents, picked up by moving from PA to TN during formative years.
                      data (n) Computerspeak for information, properly pronounced how Bostonians pronounce the word for a female child
                      Bostonians flatten the vowels and drop the "r" at the end, so "daughter" becomes daa-ta. Then if a word ends in a vowel they add an "r" to the end, so they would pronounce "data" day-ter.
                      Last edited by Straybow; June 6, 2002, 09:00.
                      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

bwahahahaha

Ok but I am a n00bit i guess. I dont have all teh l337 0\/\/@/\/:/% Skillz

Comment

Is there some kind of translation? Is 3 supposed to look like e? Is that all there is to it? Are individual words coded, or is it a 1 for 1 charachter substitution?

Comment

Generally, although the 4 slash characters: \/\/ make up the single letter w, /|/ is n (3 characters), and so on.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Oh my dizzy aunt .............

SG[1]

Comment

Working...
                              X