Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we please have the good old quotes back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, and the timeout is, IIRC, 2 or 3 seconds... way too fast for a big quote, assumed the next page does actually load soon ( for those with a good connection it does).
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Those buttons are great Thanks again Markos...

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
      I remember this one, it was on the thanks reply page. But IIRC it was dead instead of demise, unfortunatly I don't know any place were I could look it up.
      Yes, Markos had screwed that particular quote up and turned it into the horrible 'The report of my death was an exaggeration' or something... :puke: My quote is the correct one though (allegedly, at least, I'm afraid I wasn't there myself when it was spoken/written )
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

buttons?

ah yes!
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

WTG Mark

button = me likey

R:PM
          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

test

edit: Very nice! I'm impressed.

Comment

I don't know whether to be proud or slightly annoyed that in general I don't have enough time to hit the pause button
              The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
              Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
              All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
              "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Kudos on the buttons!! What a pleasant surprise!

Comment

Originally posted by Chowlett
                  I don't know whether to be proud or slightly annoyed that in general I don't have enough time to hit the pause button
                  It allpies for me too. I need to hit it instantly, or the page leaves.
                  Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I'm on 56k, so I have enough time normally to press the button. If not, then the back button is used.

I'll report back on this when I get my ADSL connection, see how much difference that makes.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                      I'm on 56k, so I have enough time normally to press the button. If not, then the back button is used.

I'll report back on this when I get my ADSL connection, see how much difference that makes.
                      I can hit the button in 50% of the cases, but the back button never works (the page is no longer valid or something like that)
                      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Wouldn't it be cleaner if the page simply pauses until the forward button is pressed?
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Yeah, about half the times I press the pause-button, it still goes away... and I miss all those great quotes...
                          I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Its all well and good, but I have come to ignore those quotes now. Can we turn them off as an option?
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Slight error with one of the Markos. I just got:

Visit me at Apolyton.net.
                              -- Unknown, scribbled on a bathroom wall in Racine, Wisconsin
                              %
                              Civilisation is not by any means an easy thing to attain to. There are only two ways by which man can reach it. One is by being cultured, the other by being corrupt.
                              -- Oscar Wilde
                              The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                              Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                              All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                              "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Its all well and good, but I have come to ignore those quotes now. Can we turn them off as an option?
                                They take no time to load.
                                -->Visit CGN!
                                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                                X