Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we please have the good old quotes back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if someone can think of a javascript code to "pause" and "forward" the redirect i'll gladly add it
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
      if someone can think of a javascript code to "pause" and "forward" the redirect i'll gladly add it
      hi ,

maybe Gramphos , .......

have a nice day
      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Well, if I was on my home PC with 56K modem, I'd have plenty of time to read it.
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Oh and I found out that, if I hit the back button on my browser I can finish reading the quote.

Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

excellent. thank you markos :b

(and an attempt to test the quote system)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
              but not the classic civ-related quotes we used to have
              Surely, that can be changed...

My proposals:

"The reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated." -- Mark Twain

"Civilization is a limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessaries." -- Mark Twain

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them." -- Mark Twain

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education" -- Mark Twain

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others." - Winston Chruchill

"Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies." - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition No. 76

"Civilization is a movement and not a condition, a voyage and not a harbor." -- Arnold J. Toynbee

"Civilization is unbearable, but it is less unbearable at the top." -- Timothy Leary

"You can't say civilization don't advance... in every war they kill you in a new way." -- Will Rogers

"Civilization has taught us to eat with a fork, but even now if nobody is around we use our fingers." -- Will Rogers

"All great civilisations, in their early stages, are based on success in war." -- Kenneth Clark
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Kudos! I just encountered the quote (my first time) and came to post about it -- and there's already a good thread going.

Comment

"I've already told you more than I know." -- must be so much BS then....

OK, I'll shut up before the quotes get canned.

Comment

Testing.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Test.

Edit: The sum of the universe is 0.
                      Cool.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Wow, I just saw a quote while posting, so I just have to post again to thank you for this.
                        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Both the ones in Orange's signature.
                          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Thanks Mark
                            'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                            - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Cool! Thanks, Markos! (And everybody, thank me for reminding about this)

Oh, and may I suggest this one:

"An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike".
                              -Spiro T. Agnew
                              "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
                              - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you can sell him your old rod !"- faded glory

I know its old and overused. But ACS member quotes would be cool!

Comment

Working...
                                X