Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we please have the good old quotes back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 56k is too fast.

Wow, did I really say that?
    Last edited by Skanky Burns; May 22, 2002, 07:30.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

me likey!

The quotes tend to flash by a little fast, even when I'm using my 56k connection at home. If an optional timed delay could be put in then that would make things even better.
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Yes, Gramphos has the best idea. That way at the beginning we can set it for a couple of seconds, then once we get tired of it we can change it back to 0.

RAH
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Sorry about starting a new thread. I did read this thread, but never saw the quote before. Plus was confused by someone posting with "" in the thread. Coundn't figure out what you guys were talking about (hey were is the smiley for being a dumba$$)??

R:PM

PS quote are cool
          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Way cool, MarkG!!
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Follow the Gramphus, Rah route - that way we can cut them down when we get tired of them ...

SG[1]
              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

there should be a pause and forward button in the redirection screens

try them
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Nice-os. Checking now.

edit: Works a treat. Groovy
                  The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                  Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                  All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                  "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

I just got the very well known quotation ...

\earth: file system is full

wtf?

SG[1]

p.s (in edit) yes the buttons are there ...

Comment

\earth: file system is full

joke for people who know a little bit about unix
                      imagine if it would say "disk drive earth is full" or something
                      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Buttons -- Goood!
                        -Jrabbit a happy camper, with another previously unknown need having been filled by the munificent MarkG.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Firstly, it's great!

Second, I suspected you're using the Fortune from Unix... some nice quotes in that database, I remember delving right in it.
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                            "The reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated." -- Mark Twain
                            I remember this one, it was on the thanks reply page. But IIRC it was dead instead of demise, unfortunatly I don't know any place were I could look it up.

There was also one on the thanks for editing page but I can't remember that one, I did not saw it as often as the first one you mentioned.

And now to the next quote but first press submit reply...

-Martin
                            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

What does the pause button do? Wouldn't the screen stay there until the user presses the forward button?

P.S. That's an ugly setup
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Nope it times out and forwards on its own unless you press the 'pause' button...

SG[1]

Comment

Working...
                                X