Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should non-gamers be second class citizens at Poly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a Game-Site!!!

Always wondered what those other threads were about.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

GP, you wouldn't happen to play internet poker as well? I'd love to go a couple of hands against you at Paradise Poker.

Anyway, I'd say that while the general profile of this site attracts a certain kind of customer that I find interesting to debate with - fairly informed, mostly intelligent ppl that play strat games, most of the real meat between major releases happens in OT. I don't see the problem with that.
      "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
      "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
        I think we should round up all the non-gamers in the world and put them in prison camps. Then we can throw left-overs to them and occasionally poke them with sharp sticks through the barbed wire.

Absolutely not.

We could still do this just to GP though?
        That would be nice. And I can think of a few others that we could hunt down and lock up as well.
        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

UberKrux: What´s up with the nazi skull?

Comment

Originally posted by moominparatrooper
            GP, you wouldn't happen to play internet poker as well? I'd love to go a couple of hands against you at Paradise Poker.

Anyway, I'd say that while the general profile of this site attracts a certain kind of customer that I find interesting to debate with - fairly informed, mostly intelligent ppl that play strat games, most of the real meat between major releases happens in OT. I don't see the problem with that.
            1. Re poker: Sure. Start a thread in other games and we can arrange a play time.

2. Very interesting. If I read between the lines enough, it's almost like you're saying the OT is better than the rest of the sight. Maybe the OTers are a class above. I like this...

Comment

Originally posted by Kamrat X
              UberKrux: What´s up with the nazi skull?
              If I remember right, it's the emblem of the 3rd SS division, the "Totenkoff" (sp?), raised primarily from concentration camp guards from the algemane SS for service in the waffen SS.
              I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
              i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Yes, I know that. I just wonder why he uses it. It makes him look a bit...well...nazi

Comment

(wrong thread)
                  Last edited by TCO; May 19, 2002, 11:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamrat X
                    Yes, I know that. I just wonder why he uses it. It makes him look a bit...well...nazi
                    Well.. You'd think that would be the point

---
                    Just wondering, GP what do you mean 'make them second-class citizens,' how would Apolyton enact that?

Give them periodic PCRS?
                    -->Visit CGN!
                    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                      Give them periodic PCRS?
                      Errr.. isn't that what happens anyway. Given as how OT posts don't count 'n' all.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

But that isn't a PCR it's merely a holding off of posts.

... I have a feeling I should cease posting in this thread before it's closed

Final statement, on topic- OT posts should count! They are made at this site!
                        -->Visit CGN!
                        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

But then almost everyone would be deities, and everyone would start laughing at settler newbies, and then the whole site would collapse under its own weight!

Or something...
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Now that I know GP is not a gamer its like he doesn't exist any more.
                            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                              Now that I know GP is not a gamer its like he doesn't exist any more.

Comment

Just wondering, in what class do whining ( ) posters, who add '+1 pc' to the end of their post, belong to?
                                I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Working...
                                X