No announcement yet.

How about a [spoiler] tag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if this was already mentioned, but the text in spoiler tags can't be viewed through painting in Opera (version 6.0 B1 Linux). This tag would be bad for browser interoperability...
    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

You WILL use IE... You WILL.
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Oh no, another Bill-drone
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Hey, Opera let me edit my post when I accidentally commented out the rest of this thread. IE didn't let me.
          Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
          Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Originally posted by Grrr
            Hey, Opera let me edit my post when I accidentally commented out the rest of this thread. IE didn't let me.
            Well, I remember old UBB, where I played with tables some times, and one day I actually go my post on top of the page, over the table header...
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I remember in another forum where someone made the entire thread scroll across the page

Then someone else tried to fix it, and ended up making it go across twice as fast
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Last edited by MarkG; May 13, 2002, 18:29.
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

kewl...

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                    I suggest you remove that comment.

Comment

I like it.

Is it seriously screwing with stuff? I see the dark block at the bottom of the page, but the thread still reads fine...

Comment

How about this?

It doesn't quite work the way I hoped it would, and it probably only works for IE, but you get the idea. I imagine this could be done more elegantly if the <SCRIPT> tag would work properly, or using PHP (?).

<A href="#" onClick='((document.all.hidden.style.display=="non e") ? (document.all.hidden.style.display="") : (document.all.hidden.style.display="")); return false;'>spoiler...</A>
                        <DIV id="hidden" style="display: none">This really isn't all that interesting. </DIV>
                        Last edited by Mercator; May 11, 2002, 18:42.
                        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
                          How about this?

It doesn't quite work the way I hoped it would, and it probably only works for IE, but you get the idea. I imagine this could be done more elegantly if the &lt;SCRIPT&gt; tag would work properly, or using PHP (?).

<A href="#" onClick='((document.all.hidden2.style.display=="no ne") ? (document.all.hidden2.style.display="") : (document.all.hidden2.style.display="")); return false;'>spoiler...</A>
                          <DIV id="hidden2" style="display: none">This really isn't all that interesting. </DIV>
                          I don't think that can be done with PHP...

Comment

You WILL use IE... You WILL.
                            I would if it was possible - IE is a great browser, perhaps the best I know. Too bad Windows isn't the best OS that I know and I prefer a good OS over a good browser.. I guess this all means that I'll have to start using Lynx again ...
                            This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

You messed up the formatting of the thread beginning at the post of yours saying "kewl."
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

only the left margin.

Comment

Working...
                                X