Newbie Questiond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Questiond

Is there a initiation? Do I have to go through with it?

How long until I get a custom avatar?

What are the ranks?

I'll think up more later...

500 posts for a custom avatar.

The only initiation you'll face is accusations of you being a DL

The FAQ (link at the top of the page) lists the ranks and posts needed to reach them.

Comment

1. Two letters: DL
      (that's the initiation over with)
      2. 500 posts
      3. ranks?
      Read the FAQ
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Oh, and welcome, of course!
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

DL?

Comment

ahh initiation
            [SIMPSONS MODE]
            "And this one is called the paddeling of the swollen ass"
            [/SIMPSONS MODE]
            "Dave, if medicine tasted good, I'd be pouring cough syrup on my pancakes." -Jimmy James, Newsradio

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion

Comment

A DL is an alternate login created by someone else on the site. It's estimated that about 10,000 of the people on apolyton are DL's.

Comment

You are truely an initiate once you've figured out who is rumoured to control 99% of the DLs. By the way, if you read the FAQ you will discover that creating or using a DL is strictly Verboten.

Welcome.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

...and creating a new thread in reply to a post so that everyone can look at your answer is called [bad] trolling.

So don't do that again. Thank you.
                  "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                  Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                  Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                  Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Read the FAQ.

It will show you the ranks you can achieve, and the number of posts needed to get them.
                    I could copy and paste it here, but
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

cool..only 200 more posts till i can get an avatar. lol. i was just happy (i'm serious) that all of a sudden i became a warlord....
                      "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot
                        ...and creating a new thread in reply to a post so that everyone can look at your answer is called [bad] trolling.
                        ...or hitting the 'new thread' button instread of the 'reply' one
                        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                        - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Deeeeee eeeeellllll!

*do the DL dance*
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

A novelty - a DL dance outwith the OT forum!
                            The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                            Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                            All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                            "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

how do you know if someone is a DL?

if it's strictly forbidden, how can there be so many DLs? if they know how to find them, wouldn't it be equally easy to prevent?

oh, and why would someone want a DL? can't you just be yourself?

-edit-
                              never mind, I figured out a reason. i guess some people want an early return from mingapulco.
                              -end edit-
                              Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
                              Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
                              Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
                              Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

Working...
                              X