Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solver
    What ???
    I thought you'd finish it and send to me! I don't want any cleanups by Chris! I appreciate his work, but... cleaning the stuff up is MY JOB!!! I am making the interview editing, he's asking the questions and putting others into the list. Oh gawd...
    If you make ANY changes after I have approved it... You do NOT have permission to use it
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

LOL@Ming!
      A little suspicious aren't we?

Comment

Haha, LOL. After all, I just checked, it's not there yet. OK, OK, there's still a little bit of time, but not much, I start to believe it will be Stefu posted tomorrow.

Ming, I'll be correcting all the spelling mistakes you make, remove any comments about Alexander's Horsies wife, as well as any strings where you are cursing me. After that, the interview should fit in one page.

Seriously, though, if it gets too long, I'll consider a two part interview. If it's going to be 9 pages, I got no choice, I assume.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
          Ming, I'll be correcting all the spelling mistakes you make, remove any comments about Alexander's Horsies wife, as well as any strings where you are cursing me. After that, the interview should fit in one page.
          If you take out the bits involving Evan and the Splink/YYHo incident as well it should fit in one line.

Comment

My this thread has wandered

Well, since the last time I checked, Xin Yu was viewing this thread.

Tell us some more Xin!
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
              My this thread has wandered
              where did it go?

doesn't look to the same place my I am Borred thread went

or if it did, it has now returned

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Tell us some more Xin!
                You know, I want to use those posts to bump up my thread here after your interview comes up

Seriously, I'm very busy now. My wife is taking her finals and she obviously has thought about using a PhD to help her preparing. And, since she'll be back home after the finals, I need to get everything cleaned up before she comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by Xin Yu
                  I need to get everything cleaned up before she comes back.
                  Proof again that you are a smart guy

I look forward to reading more of your "tricks of the trade" when you get a chance.
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

Over time, we determinded what was a cheat... and what should and what shouldn't be done.

Now, it's not even an issue... The group we play with has "standard rules" to live by... This saves the normal hour or two of arguments about what's a cheat, and allows us to start games in a matter of minutes.
                    A bit OT but I've been meaning to ask for ages, and since it's mentioned here: Is there a link to the rah rules? (Also how come rah gets the rules named after him? Perhaps that should be added to the questions ) I'd be intrigued to see what was finally decided upon.

Comment

Here, see rah's second post
                      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Cheers.

One clarification:

"No alliances or tech trading (other gentleman agreements like trade treaties, tech stealing treaties are allowed but broken at will)"

So you can trade with each other, that's fine. But what's the deal with the tech stealing treaties? Is it a case of let my diplo steal a tech and I'll let yours steal one? Guess if you play with the same group you know who not to let near your cities.

Also, are potential exploits that aren't mentioned fair game?

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                          So you can trade with each other, that's fine. But what's the deal with the tech stealing treaties? Is it a case of let my diplo steal a tech and I'll let yours steal one? Guess if you play with the same group you know who not to let near your cities.
                          i've never had any agreements, and since everyone else is evil (especially rah ), i don't let anyone near my cities if i can help it

Also, are potential exploits that aren't mentioned fair game?

i don't know about exploits, i'm not a technical genius like Xin . (iirc) incremental rushing is viewed as a feature and lag-related bugs aren't allowed
                          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

We don't bother listing the blatant cheats that aren't allowed. like

No Map peaking.
                            No non-unit creation.
                            No sabotage proofing.
                            No cheat o matic
                            And all the lag related cheats.

Black clicking is allowed, but so boring that most people don't do it much. Maybe the first few turns, or later to check to see if a whale is in use before creating a city that would use it.

Incremental buying is allowed.

Trade agreements which allow caravans to be delivered are rare. Most people don't want to give an opponent that type of gold or tech bonus. In the older days some would allow a caravan but demand half the gold. Don't see that much anymore. Now we just kill the caravans.

Tech stealing agreements are also not used much anymore. When someone else has GL, and I'm rushing to a wonder, I prefer not to have opponents diplos around.

The name still annoys me, but not as much anymore. I can probably lay claim to having hosted the most mp games over the years.

RAH
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Cheers for the info. My MP experience is limited (much harder to find players these days in Europe) but these seem like reasonable rules that make for a good game. You may as well be happy your name has been put to them.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                                We don't bother listing the blatant cheats that aren't allowed. like
                                RAH
                                Rah... you forgot another of the blantant cheats...
                                Trading units back and forth with another player during the same turn to create unlimited movement in a single turn.

Many of these rules are based on our early games with Xin. He would keep finding new ways to abuse the game, and we would all determine if they would be allowed or not.
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X