FoA Interview #6: Xin-Yu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FoA Interview #6: Xin-Yu

The sixth edition of the "Faces of Apolyton" interview series, spearheaded by Apolyton staff member and interviewer Solver, is here. Today, we sport a two-page article with <A HREF="http://apolyton.net/misc/interviews/foa_6xin-yu.shtml">Xin-Yu</A>, athe master analyst of <I>Civ</I> games. You are welcome and encouraged to post your comments on this interview in this thread.

When is the next "FoA" coming? It`s just around the corner. Next Tuesday, March 19th, 2002, will feature a one-on-one conversation with Ming, everyone's favorite moderator, 'Man with a Thousand Guns', of the <I>Off-Topic</I> and <I>CivII</I> forums fame. For past "FoA" and other interviews, <A HREF="http://apolyton.net/misc/interviews">click here</A>.

----------------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    Last edited by DanQ; March 12, 2002, 20:37.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Thanks. It's an honor. (Scratch head) but when did I become famous in the "off topic" forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Xin Yu
      but when did I become famous in the "off topic" forum?
      I was thinking the exact same thing
      Good to hear things are going good for you Xin...
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Opps.
        Corrected.

-----------------
        Dan; Apolyton CS
        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

...A Good interview- but it seemed far too short... oh well, sadly I can't think of any other questions- but it only took me 2 minutes to read it

It was interesting, however

Good picture
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Comment

From the master of cutting to the crux of the matter: *In my opinion Sid Meier stands for Sid and his men. He'll no longer be the brightest if he loses his men. It seems to me that he lost some of them.*

I think the new men are doing well (and improving), but I had to chuckle when I read that.

Salve
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I would have preferred Yin26.
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                  I would have preferred Yin26.
                  Was that a comment on the question of whether Yin26 was Sid himself?

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                    I think the new men are doing well (and improving)
                    Salve
                    Except that they created two outstanding features of Civ3 in order to make multiplayer impossible.

Comment

As for the interview being too short, well, I can't force Xin Yu to type a lot. I think that his answers, though short, are good and informative.
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Nice interview. Allowed us to see Xin Yu's personality.
                        Of course, it was a bit too short
                        Where's part 2??
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I don't think it was too short. He said what he wanted to say and that's fine. Xin seems like a scientist to me because of it. It's nice that they interview people once in a while who don't blither on forever like that last guy.

Good interview
                          Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Scientist schmientist!!
                            I'm around programmers most days, I actually like people with personality!! Makes a change from people I talk to

It's nice that they interview people once in a while who don't blither on forever like that last guy.

Thats not a very nice thing to say, Lancer. How would you feel if you were that other guy??

Oh...

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

A good typical Xin read....to the point, concise, and left me wanting more. Congrats XIN. I still want to know just how you figured out a few more of those really obscure things.

RAH
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X