X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lmao@Ming (a compaint)

by Ming
    But MarkG didn't delete your thread

And if you start another thread on this subject in this forum, you will be suspended.

If you have a complaint, post it in the Apolyton Community Forum where it belongs, or take it up with the admin by pm or email.
    I should have known that Mark didn't delete these threads. It was his pet Mingster.

I am registering an official complaint. Ming's actions are equivalent of harrassment.

Ming, I think the only honorable thing for you to do is to suspend yourself for one week.

Yeah... right

I'm sure the admin here will seriously consider your complaint

You call it what you want... but the rules are simple. If you have a complaint about the mod/admin actions, you post them here.

And since you had already posted a thread on that very subject in this forum already... However, I will admit, the one I deleted wasn't really a complaint, it was really just a troll and meant to insult MarkG... Last time I checked, flaming was against the rules too.

Have a nice day
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Last edited by Libertarian; February 23, 2002, 06:13.
      "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

Originally posted by Libertarian
        But it would be more helpful, at least in some instances, if the pretense of rules invocation were dropped in favor of something that makes more sense.
        With all due respect...
        Jimmytrick is very familiar with the rules in regards to complaints.
        He has been told in the past that complaint threads go here.
        (as you can see, he already has a thread complaining about thread closings in this forum)
        He was told in NO UNCERTAIN terms to follow the rules...
        And, he purposely violated the rules, again, and again...
        So he was suspended...

So what doesn't make sense?
        Keep on Civin'

Comment

Last edited by Libertarian; February 23, 2002, 06:14.

Comment

First... what the heck does that have to do with Jimmytrick... which this thread is all about.
            He broke the rules... and got exactly what he asked for and deserved.

Second... Moderation here is a matter of opinion. You are welcome to yours, and we are welcome to ours. If you disagree, fine, make a complaint. Very simple. It may or may not do you any good... but this is a private site where the owners have the right to set their own rules. As a member of this site, you agree to follow them... If you don't like them, or don't wish to follow them... you can always find other civ sites to hang out on.

Third... I always love how people assume a mod or admin will read EVERY word posted, and how we should react instantly to something posted. It would be nice... but it's impossible due to the high traffic here... Many times, we are just responding to complaints made by email, pm, or icq..

So if you have a problem... you are welcome to let us know about it
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Last edited by Libertarian; February 23, 2002, 06:11.

Comment

First, I thought this thread was about you. You're in the title. It therefore seemed appropriate to query about a moderation issue.
                Ahhh... so you totally agree that Jimmytrick deserved what he got, and you just wanted to change the subject

Second, I already said that I believe you have the right to do as you please. Why are you presuming to lecture me on this?
                If that is the case... the rest of your argument makes no sense

Third, I reported that vulgar post, plus another one near it by clicking the button for reporting posts, so you should have been made aware of it. Maybe the feature doesn't work.
                Yeah... sometimes that feature doesn't work. I haven't received an automatic complaint email in a long time... so I will assume that's the case. You should have followed up with a PM after not getting any response.

Fourth, goodbye.
                Have a nice day
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Christ, this guy really did deserve a looong vacation...

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                    Yeah... sometimes that feature doesn't work. I haven't received an automatic complaint email in a long time... so I will assume that's the case.
                    Damn. In which case, may I make a complaint regarding this post.

In reply: no, because you closed the thread.
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

The thread had turned into a complete spam fest, so it was closed.

I'm not sure I understand your complaint...
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ming in that other thread
                        Can you say ?
                        No. You closed the thread
                        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                          No. You closed the thread
                          Oh...
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Third, I reported that vulgar post, plus another one near it by clicking the button for reporting posts, so you should have been made aware of it. Maybe the feature doesn't work.
                            It tends not to work if site traffic is real high - there's a timeout somewhere, and if the email doesn't get sent in that time, it doesn't get sent. I didn't get one about that post/thread either.

my email's in my sig, and people are welcome to email me directly.
                            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

The Vbb auntomatic mailer has some other quirks as well, the last time I get a report to moderator email at civfanatics, I got 1000 copies of it.
                              Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                              Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                              "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                              From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Working...
                              X