Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my opinion, animation should be used sparingly in an avatar...there's some good animation out there, but it shouldn't be overwhelmingly distracting...

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay37
      In my opinion, animation should be used sparingly in an avatar...there's some good animation out there, but it shouldn't be overwhelmingly distracting...
      Are you referring to my avatar?
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

No, I'm referring to TKG's planned avatar. Yours I like.

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
          I like avatars, aswell as signitures, it gives the person a chance to display their taste or personality.
          Or lack thereof.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

And it makes it very much easier to find ones last post in the thread.
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

And it's quicker to read threads - I can at a glance tell who has posted what, assuming that the thread's posts are mostly from posters whose avatars I can recognize at a glance.
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                And it makes it very much easier to find ones last post in the thread.
                Thats what the "Go to first new post" link is for.
                Last edited by Dauphin; January 31, 2002, 18:29.

Comment

That goes to the nearest new post, not my last post.
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

So it does.

As you may have guessed I don't use the feature.

Comment

Nor do I. It goes to the wrong place

Comment

Don't know quite which one to pick...
                        "Maybe there's a god above, and all I ever learned from love... was how to shoot at someone who out-drew you. It's not a cry you can hear at night. It's not somebody who's seen the light. It's a cold and It's a broken hallelujah." ~ Cohen

Comment

Originally posted by poison_flower
                          Don't know quite which one to pick...
                          You could pick a new one every day

(I've changed mine now )

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                            TKG, that is enough to give people seizures

Yes, I have my Bad Religion avatar. I have already had CyberShy covertly taking me to task on the issue. But it is staying.
                            Hey Rich, How're you doin'?

I am right again
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Ah, now I remember the reason why I didn't like those avatars... I've been using Lynx for months now. Avatars are only a graphical distraction, as are, in fact, all animations.
                              This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Hey Rich, How're you doin'?

I am right again
                                You know Apolyton is a hard addiction to give up

And Zop, what is your current avatar, a mouse in a stripey top and braces with a horn or something?
                                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                                X