No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Markos and Dan, or Dan and Markos

I suggest that the avatars can be made smaller (say 40x40 and 5K or less).

*runs away from the lynching mob*
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

I'm really sorry to say this, but I've noticed a definite slow-down since avatars have come back (and this is with only 68 Users on the forums!).
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

that must be what the picture is beside my name

Comment

Maybe I'm just stupid or something, but is it possible to use an avatar that isn't in the little list of choices? I didn't see anything, but as my friends will tell you, that usually means it's there twice.

Steele
          If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

Comment

Re: Avatars are back!

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
            I suggest that the avatars can be made smaller (say 40x40 and 5K or less).
            Are you crazy?!? 40x40 would make them hardly recognizable in many of the avatars!
            About the size, well, I don't know if everyone's avatar is pushing to the 10k limit (mine's 4k, BTW).

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
            *runs away from the lynching mob*
            You better!

And a Thank you very much to the person(s) that brought back the avatars!
            "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
            Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
            Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
            Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

ah, finally my beautifull appearance will satisfy the female crowd at Apolyton again !
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by steelehc
                Maybe I'm just stupid or something, but is it possible to use an avatar that isn't in the little list of choices? I didn't see anything, but as my friends will tell you, that usually means it's there twice.
                You can only have a custom avatar after you reach 500 posts.
                'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Originally posted by Case
                  You can only have a custom avatar after you reach 500 posts.
                  only with 500 on topic posts? I thought that being a member fo a year or so also counted. If not, I'm screwed: I mostly post off topic and probably will be reaching 500 ON-topic posts by 2010 I guess.
                  Well, lets just imagine my question is not hypothetical then...
                  -
                  My God, I'm thirty, I need a drink - english textbook spelling error

Comment

make sure you complain enough about this fact in this forum, and you will be able to have your own avator soon
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Damn, I should have spammed my way up to 500 posts when the avatars were gone
                      In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
                      In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Uh, guys, you should consider custom avatars as a privilege provided to those that, for some considerable time, have been contributing with good/valid oppinions that make a better Apolyton!

I've registered in June 2000, and just about a month ago I reached 500 PC. My point is:
                        It takes time to reach this PC, so please don't even start thinking about spamming us all.

One "Libertarian" is more than enough!
                        "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                        Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                        Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                        Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

At last I can get rid of these rose.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Yahooooo, praise the Wombat

Oh, and the admins Thanks
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Wow, and it doesn't seem to be slower then yesterday!
                              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                              X