Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first thing I did when we got avatars back, was switch the bloody things off....

Comment

sooo, what should i use for an avatar?

Comment

My avatar is now much more befitting.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

testing...
          ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
          ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

****! I made one especially for Xmas and got no chance to show it Guess I have to make a new one...
            Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
            And notifying the next of kin
            Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Rogan Josh
              The first thing I did when we got avatars back, was switch the bloody things off....
              Once the avatars are loaded into your cache they don't increase loading time.

Shouldn't, at any rate.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

True Apolytoners refuse to submit to the tyranny of avatars. Hrmph!

Most of the custom ones are stupid and ugly anyway. I'm sorry, there's no way to be nice about such a thing. Plus it takes an effort to come up with a good one and I don't have the energy.

So I refuse to get an avatar at this point. Band waggons have to serve a purpose before I'd consider getting on.

Comment

Well, that was bitter and hateful.

Anywho, Avatars are back! Woo!
                  Talent Optional

Comment

Spiteful as well.

I guess in a weak moment I could go for avatars if they were restricted to the premade ones relating to the Civ-series games and maybe including the smilies. As it is now, custom avatars mess up the forums visually. Big time. But I'm not one to complain, I just turn them off.

Much cooler just having the poster fields nice an tidy - fiiting with the overall style of the forums.

Comment

I like avatars, aswell as signitures, it gives the person a chance to display their taste or personality.
                      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

most avatars are distracting and annoying, but they're kinda fun too. i like my pirates faction logo/symbol thingy but ever since we got avatars i've been plotting to set my custom one as:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Alas, I think the "500 rule" is still in effect, which is honking stupid, I can't change my avatar to a personized 'til I break it...
                          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Muhahaha

Now GP's back, I don't think I can face having my wombat called a teddy bear anymore.
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

...and now that my avatar is back, I can see what I am posting!
                              Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                              ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

TKG, that is enough to give people seizures

Yes, I have my Bad Religion avatar. I have already had CyberShy covertly taking me to task on the issue. But it is staying.
                                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                                X