No announcement yet.

CTP2 is better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why should players bother with a game that isn't playable without the mods?

IW,

Ah, but since nobody knows what kind of potential <em>Civ 3</em> will have, making a comparsion now is moot, no?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Err, get out of MY forum!
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
        Why should players bother with a game that isn't playable without the mods?
        D/L the mods and its immensely playable.
        IW,
        Ah, but since nobody knows what kind of potential <em>Civ 3</em> will have, making a comparsion now is moot, no?
        Its got no scripting language, the rules can be changed, but not added to. The AI is less editable than either version of CtP. If the original version is not up to scratch (heaven forbid) then we're stuffed. At least with CtP there was a chance.
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Immortal Wombat

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
            Its got no scripting language, the rules can be changed, but not added to. The AI is less editable than either version of CtP. If the original version is not up to scratch (heaven forbid) then we're stuffed. At least with CtP there was a chance.
            If the original Civ3 is not up to scratch maybe Firaxis will fix it, rather than dropping it after one patch and leaving it unplayable the way Activision did with CtP2.

John-SJ

Comment

IW,

A scripting language can always be added later in an expansion. I admit that Firaxis botched by not including one in the first place.

Relying on player mods to fix a game which should not had been released half-baked is silly, esp. not everybody who got suckered into buying the game in the first place knows how to download mods.

Therefore it seems to be unfair comparing <em>CtP 2</em> modded with <em>Civ 3</em> just out of the box. Comparing both out-of-the-box and <em>Civ 3</em> appears to win hands down.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
              X