CTP2 is better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I play CTP2 multiplayer at least 3 times a week
    how can you play CtP2 multiplayer if there's no one on earth that wants to play CtP2 multiplayer with you ? Do you play against yourself, running from computer to computer ? Must be fun.... but a challenge .....
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I would like to take this opportunity to mention that I have always considered MP on TBS to be to awkward to be feasible. I do play PBEM, so it is a sad loss not to have this. However I have played CtP2 a couple of times and have no intention of playing again. The game was awful, a very poor attempt at being a civ-clone and have since deleted it from my hard drive. I just didn't find it played well. CtP2 was a piece of sh*t
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

<em>" I read some threads from some people who say they don't play multiplayer only singleplayer... these people must have a boring life or they are afraid of a challange .. maybe they just can't handle losing to another human...."</em>

Should I bother to respond to such crap? Nah

Hey stop flame-baiting with your DL Horse.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
          CtP2 was a piece of sh*t
          CtP2 WAS a piece of sh*t

Anyway, it was moved here because it is a comparison between more than one civ-game. It belongs in neither the Civ3 forum, nor the CtP2 forum, therefore it was put (as Marcos keeps saying) in its rightful place, the Apolyton/Community forum.
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Earthling7
            Yin26. Get in here and adopt this child!
            The adoption process is a very long and expensive one, running a year + and $10,000+ in many cases. Now the question I should ask myself: Should this be on cash or credit?
            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

In this guy stupid?

CTP2 is a load of crap. Plus MP for CTP2 is broke..unpatched it does not work. CTP is way better...

and Civ3 will tower of both

Comment

CTP2 is better

Classic

Joke right?
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by faded glory
                  CTP2 is a load of crap.
                  Was, was, was. PAST ****ING TENSE.

Plus MP for CTP2 is broke..unpatched it does not work
                  Civ3 MP unpatched DOESN'T EXIST!! Ergo, CtP2 MP is better than Civ3 MP
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Well if firaxis does not include MP and bails out live craptivision. I think a few phony anthrax letters will be in order

Comment

Originally posted by faded glory
                      I think a few phony anthrax letters will be in order
                      I wonder if comments like these are affordable with a price tag of 5 years in prison and/or a $10,000 fine.

Well if firaxis does not include MP and bails out live craptivision...
                      Took me a while to figure this sentence out.
                      I don't think Firaxis will bail out on MP- there's too much money to be made in it.

Comment

IW,

<em>CtP 2</em> is a piece of crap without the mods. So the game is crap, unless a player bother to go to all the trouble of downloading and applying the mods.

I am almost certain that there will be a load of mods for <em>Civ 3</em> that will make it even better.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                          Asesino... when did this become your forum???
                          Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
                          Asesino_Virtual

Comment

Originally posted by Anunikoba

I wonder if comments like these are affordable with a price tag of 5 years in prison and/or a $10,000 fine.

Took me a while to figure this sentence out.
                            I don't think Firaxis will bail out on MP- there's too much money to be made in it.

Anybody here ever heard of sarcasm?

Firaxis will bail out of MP if SP sales drop after awhile. These guys have certain goals...Goals are not met ; the deal is off

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                              IW,

<em>CtP 2</em> is a piece of crap without the mods. So the game is crap, unless a player bother to go to all the trouble of downloading and applying the mods.
                              Aha, the Game is crap without mods, but CtP2 the program without mods is a fantastic piece of potential fun
                              But that's a cop out answer, I personally enjoyed modding the game to hell, I've never played it, and I don't care. The mods make the game playable, and they don't take that long to download. No more effort than keeping up with a million versions of Civ2, and cheaper than getting a Civ3 MP patch.

Comment

I'll agree with Wombat there......the mods have turned CTP2 into a brilliant game from a frustrating and unplayable game,which I still play regularly.And I bet there's half of you here slagging off CTP2 even though you've never played it....modded or unmodded.
                                I need Scooby Snacks.

Comment

Working...
                                X