No announcement yet.

anti-spam idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apolyton used to be branching threads...

Comment

GP, Apolyton never had any branching boards.
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Are you sure? What about right when it started? When Mr. Mantequila and Jesse used to be here?

Comment

perhaps you remember the uciviis board
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

GP, I didn't post here from the very beginning, when Dan's and Markos' sites were merged, only a bit afterwards, but it had UBB boards at the time.

Maybe you're thinking of the Addicted or the Ultimate boards?
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Maybe right weh we started it was branching for a while. I'm the tradition-holder. Trust me.

Comment

Hey GP I’m with you, you know, tradition matters. Branching boards would cure a lot of the evils progress brought to us, 1970’ers like us should be given proper by giving us our own distinct titles and people who changed their name should be forced to revert to their old ones...

But Apolyton definitely didn't had branching threads.

Comment

I like your style chocolate man!

Comment

Addicted and the Original Greek site weren't ever branching thread forums. But Ultimate was
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

spam sucks....but its like cheating in games and boasting or flames.... a part of the boards...... PCR are the best way to prevent spams but then again..... you can get away with some spam.... its not pushing the envelope and then there are no PCRs....
                      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Well, as I said previously I fail to graps the sensibility behind a punishment tool that encourages the misschief.

Surely, to a spammer, a 10% PCR wouldn't be any less harsh than a 1-day ban?

Comment

the fine balnce is hard to find, people get upset if they see you posting lots , no matter what you post (as i found out) .. to palcate people i have reduced my exposure, Not that i get any thanks for that
                          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Spam spam spam spam spam spam

Originally posted by Rasputin
                            the fine balnce is hard to find, people get upset if they see you posting lots , no matter what you post (as i found out) .. to palcate people i have reduced my exposure, Not that i get any thanks for that
                            This is your reduced exposure?!!?

I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                            i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Colon,

It seems that those who are against post counts are us Emperors *cough* *cough*

CyberShy,

Tell you what. I'd get even more radical and suggest that even the titles should be taken away. Only the functional ones (mods, admins, helpers) and the special ones (see Yin26 for example ) are needed.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                                Addicted and the Original Greek site weren't ever branching thread forums. But Ultimate was
                                Addicted was. Wasn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X